1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Wow that is double in comparison in what my family paid for my kindle. I guess some people are determined to get it to give out on Christmas day....

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well you could sell it, order another one for her and then just give her an IOU on Christmas day... think of all the books you could buy with the profits!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also noticed another auction where they guy says he has 25 or so books included. Won't those all disappear when the new owner registers it?
Also I noticed he has a black charger? Mine is white... seems kind of fishy?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Octochick said:
I also noticed another auction where they guy says he has 25 or so books included. Won't those all disappear when the new owner registers it?
Also I noticed he has a black charger? Mine is white... seems kind of fishy?
He probably loaded it with some Gutenberg stuff. That charger is fishy, though. Does he say it's a new Kindle or used? Maybe he lost or broke the original charger. And why is the whole picture tinted pink?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just saw these two listed on eBay, I do not think they will sell (especially with quite a few listed with bids still under 400.00) but it is a sign
of peoples greed and a sign of what is too come in the next few weeks... the 2nd guy must be smoking some really strong crack!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Atunah said:
Someone has one up on Amazon for 1200 $. Have people gone insane?
I guess there are people out there who have not been affected by the economic crisis.

Or....the wives of the Big 3 Automakers are bidding on the ebay Kindles for their husbands to go with their private jets.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just because they are listed at this price, does not mean they will sell, none I have seen at these prices have any bids.
I do think these sellers may hope to drive the prices up though... maybe as other sellers see those prices it will happen.
It is all about supply and demand.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Atunah said:
Someone has one up on Amazon for 1200 $. Have people gone insane?
Remember when Mattel first came out with the Cabbage Patch dolls and you couldn't get them anywhere? A DJ at a Chicago radio station said that if you went to Wrigley Field with a catcher's mitt and your credit card, you could get one. You had to hold up your credit card so the plane flying by could take a picture of it, and the mitt was to catch the doll when the pilot threw it out of the plane (presumably with a tiny parachute). People actually showed up.

Yes, people go insane. Especially around Christmas.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
That's why my gifts are bought and wrapped...I avoid the craziness.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts