Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

· Super Moderator
74,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email about an update to my delivery -- though only pertaining to the cover. Previously it had said delivery between Dec 5 and Dec 26. NOW delivery is expected Dec 2.

No change to the device delivery date of Nov 30.

No new device on the account yet.

· Registered
155 Posts
I just got an update to my delivery estimate for the Dark Emerald leather case... it had been the end of Dec-beginning of Jan and now it is Dec. 2nd... I'm very pleased with that as now I should have the cover in time for the Scribe's arrival on the 5th of Dec. If everything goes to plan and the dates don't change again that is... very happy with this news!!!

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

6,452 Posts
So, I knew it was a mistake to keep reading these threads about the Scribe, even while muttering under my breath "don't like it, don't need one, don't want one, too expensive, be strong...".

Turns out I'm not that strong. Totally weak actually when it comes to gadgets and gizmos. * sigh *

So yeah, it's all you guys' fault, not mine, that I ended up ordering one. I hope you're all thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. ;)

In the end it's the size that tipped the balance, rather than the Scribe part of the device. I loved reading on my DX and was disappointed when they didn't keep updating it, so the chance to own a 10" Kindle with all the latest bells and whistles (and, incidentally, for less than I paid for the DX more than 12 years ago!) was too much to resist. Hopefully the lopsided bezel will be something I can learn to live with - at least it doesn't have buttons on it like the Oasis. (I know a lot of you like physical buttons, but I don't.)

I also ordered a Fintie cover for it. It's book style, which I prefer, and also the price is only 40% the cost of the cheapest Amazon one.

Should get the cover straight away, Scribe delivery 28th December to 16th January. So I can tell myself it's my Christmas present to myself. Yep, that'll work. :cool:

6,452 Posts
Welcome to the club, Linda ..... still expecting my delivery on the 30th and obsessively checking to see if it's on my account yet .......
Thanks! I haven't bothered to check if it's on my account yet, I think that happens much nearer the delivery time.

But my Fintie cover has arrived - and wow it's GINORMOUS! And much squarer than I expected. o_O I think I must have had the DX in mind when thinking about it and of course that was narrower in width and elongated by the presence of the keyboard. Those of you who have an Oasis will probably not notice the squareness as much.

I presume Fintie had early access to the Scribe in order to be able to make these ahead of release date. It was made in China and they're already in stock and available for next-day delivery here in the UK - though the Amazon covers aren't being released here until 30th Nov.

· Super Moderator
74,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I ordered the only cover options were the Amazon ones. Even now Fintie is the only 3rd part cover available, it looks like.

I don't REALLY expect it'll show on my account until just before it's shipped -- it still shows delivery on release day, Nov 30. But I can't help checking. :D

I hear ya regarding the squareness. I'm hoping the large size will make it not as obvious as I find it to be with the Oasis. Anyway, I do expect to use it for notetaking, so we'll see how things go. 9 days and counting! :eek:

· Registered
187 Posts
The cover I ordered with the kindle scribe isn’t due til mid December. I did see the Fintie cover available so ordered that one as well. It gets delivered today. I generally end up with half a dozen covers until I find the one I like best. 🤷‍♀️

Kindle Scribe still shows 11/30 delivery. Can’t wait.

6,452 Posts
Received an email telling me that my delivery date has been moved up. Previously it was Dec 28th - Jan 16th and now it's Dec 1st. :eek::D I think I'll believe it when I see it!

I hadn't noticed till I got the cover, but the on/off button and the USB charging port are both on the side, on the wider bezel. I don't think there's been a Kindle like that before.

With the Fintie cover, the cutouts for them are on the spine which I thought odd, but it does mean that, with this cover at least, the wider bezel will always have to be on the left. Fortunately that would be my preference anyway, sort of like a margin. I think it would annoy me far more if it was on the right. Now that I think about it, even though it has page rotation, in all the pics and vidoes on the product page they have it on the left, so maybe they assume that's how most people will use it.

Does anyone know why they have one side wider than the other? It makes the thing bigger without any obvious advantage to offset that. Is it some weird design thing or is there a practical, technical reason for it?

· Registered
285 Posts
Does anyone know why they have one side wider than the other? It makes the thing bigger without any obvious advantage to offset that. Is it some weird design thing or is there a practical, technical reason for it?
I don't know, but guessing --
It looks more like a 'notebook' , paper-tablet, or 'piece of notebook paper' with the wider left margin (& for a 3-ring binder);
I gives you a place to hold it or to put your other-hand while you write.
Most of us are right-handed, so they make it so you can still work while plugged-in. (or they flipped a coin to decide that)
The product page does have a picture with a southpaw writing.

· Super Moderator
74,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The cover I ordered with the kindle scribe isn’t due til mid December. I did see the Fintie cover available so ordered that one as well. It gets delivered today. I generally end up with half a dozen covers until I find the one I like best. 🤷‍♀️

Kindle Scribe still shows 11/30 delivery. Can’t wait.
I often end up doing the same thing. Or, I find a cover I like NOW -- but then I get tired of it so go looking for another later when there are more options. :)

Yay Linda for an earlier delivery date! Fingers crossed! 🤞

I don't know why they designed it the way they did either, but Fogey's hypothesis is as good as any.

· Super Moderator
74,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Every time I see the title of this thread a small part of my tired brain exclaims, "There's a Kindle WATCH?!"
Ha! I think that's been said before. I just edited the thread title to maybe make it slightly less confusing. :)

See, every time you say this, it makes me want to go check mine - even though I KNOW it won't be there yet. :rolleyes:
Every time I see a new post to this thread I'm hoping someone is reporting movement ... and feel compelled to check the status of mine. We're all hopeless! :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 154 Posts