Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so proud of KindleWidow... she has had a goal for many years of making a quilt, and she is very close to finishing her first one.

Carrie said not to make this photo too big, so that you experts can't see the flaws. :) She's making this for a new nephew we're expecting in March.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It looks really nice!

My grandma used to make quilts for us, and even made one for my dolls' bed. :) I think my mother still has them, because you really always want to keep something handmade.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The quilt will be such a special gift.  They will really appreciate it.

And it looks great, I can't believe it's her first one.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Kindlewidow, that's great!!!

I love the "Trip Around the World" pattern, perhaps the new nephew will be a world traveler!  Also, there is a long tradition of blue and white quilts, (many of them Temperance quilts, LOL!) and I love the yellow in there, it makes it so happy!  Well done, thanks for sharing it!

I always tell my beginning students not to point out the mistakes, (and we all have them in our quilts) they are the only ones who see them!  Everyone else is just in awe of the quilt.  A gift of a quilt is always a treasure. 

Way to go, Carrie!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Kindlewidow, that's great!!!

I love the "Trip Around the World" pattern, perhaps the new nephew will be a world traveler! Also, there is a long tradition of blue and white quilts, (many of them Temperance quilts, LOL!) and I love the yellow in there, it makes it so happy! Well done, thanks for sharing it!

I always tell my beginning students not to point out the mistakes, (and we all have them in our quilts) they are the only ones who see them! Everyone else is just in awe of the quilt. A gift of a quilt is always a treasure.

Way to go, Carrie!
Thank you all... And, Betsy, I found this pattern on the internet, but didn't know the name. I like that name....
Have a good weekend, everyone!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Absolutely AWESOME!  Good going  ;D

Thank you so very much for sharing.  :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is really beautiful. My siblings and I have quilts that were started by our Grandmother and finished by our mother. Both are now deceased and these quilts are now cherished items that we can leave to our children.

·
Registered
552 Posts
A beautiful quilt and she may not realize this but she is making memories for that new baby to come.  My kids still ask me if I still have their quilts which they drug around for years.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Oh, KindleWidow, The Quilt is so beautiful, are you sure this your first time making a quilt. You did such a wonderful job.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
It is beautiful. My Aunt made a quilt for me 2 years ago. She is on dialysis and her health is failing. I will cherish the quilt forever, because it was made special for me.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Oh, gorgeous!  A quilt made by someone you love is always something to be treasured.  My DH's grandmother gave me an incredible queen-sized quilt at my wedding shower.  She sewed a little crosstiched tag with her name and, I think, the date, or maybe it was our wedding date.

·
Registered
323 Posts
That's absolutely beautiful. I'm sure it will be very cherished gift. You should be very proud of yourself for completing a goal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts