Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the screensaver that I have from my decal girl skin from my KK, but I can not seem to find the "hidden" file on my Kindle.  Can anyone possibly give me a hand? 

I have read and reread Leslie's wonderful guide and it's probably just user error on my part :)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
It's not hard.  I did it, so it has to be easy.
deb

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
With my k2 skin DG never sent me a screensaver code. But for other screensavers on my kindle when I plug the kindle in they all come up in that section.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have checked and double checked and had my hubby check that I have the "show hidden files and folders" checked in my control panel, and I still can not seem to find the "hidden file".  The only file I have is the screensavers file I created with the screensaver in it. Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok here is some more information to see if anyone can help me. 

I have my kindle connected to my computer.  Before connecting it, I verified that "show hidden files" was checked.  These are the folders under my kindle in windows explorer:Audible, documents, musics, pictures.  There is nothing in the Audible subfolder, only books in the documents subfolder, nothing under musics subfolder, and one subfolder under the pictures subfolder.

pictures subfolder
    screensavers subfolder
        2 files: akin-cherry.jpeg (the ss Im trying to get rid of), and screensavers.manga file

Thanks anyone for help and insight. :)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Jessrof said:
I have checked and double checked and had my hubby check that I have the "show hidden files and folders" checked in my control panel, and I still can not seem to find the "hidden file". The only file I have is the screensavers file I created with the screensaver in it. Thanks for your help guys!
It is tricky. There is option Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) that has to be unchecked.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks sooooo much Kathy!  I feel like such a blonde! :) 

1 - 11 of 11 Posts