Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found this out the hard way:

"Yes, unfortunately, when you re-upload an ePub the title disappears from all lists and has to be replaced. The volume ID for the book changes, which causes this problem.

You also lose all your star ratings.

This is an issue we are hoping to have fixed very soon, as we know that authors should be able to update their ePub whenever they like.

There is a small solution if you like to include links to your other books at the back of your ePub.

As you may have figured out, a new book link every time you update your ePub makes it nearly impossible to include links at the back of your books. Because every time you upload the ePub the link will change and become incorrect in other books.

This article provides a permanent link that solves this:

http://kobowritinglife.com/2012/09/01/linking-to-kobo/"

You learn something new everyday! :-\

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Yes, I learned the hard way when a website that features Kobo books tried to post my book, only to discover that the link I'd given them didn't exist anymore.

:(

This has been a problem that Kobo has been aware of for at least the past 6 months.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My novelette was at the #2 spot on the free list. Now it's completely gone.  :'(

Ouch.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Wait, whaaaaat? That just doesn't make any sense. Why would they make it do that? Also, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I would never have even thought about this being an issue otherwise.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
NRWick said:
Wait, whaaaaat? That just doesn't make any sense. Why would they make it do that?
Like a search engine that doesn't really work, the inability to pay people on time and many other things, this is more evidence that they weren't ready to roll out KWL when they did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts