Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last sale was 3 days ago according to my dashboard.Sales at Kobo have been awesome for months now, and I'm scared that the good times have rolled... and rolled on out of sight leaving me in the dust again. Please tell me your dashboards also stop on the 15th of this month, so I don't have to commit seppuku(sp?)

G

·
Pelagios said:
Mine stopped dead on the 9th. Up until then, best month ever on Kobo.
perhaps they're overwhelmed with both your sales - it could be behind the multiple overload crashes recently. ;D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Steve Vernon said:
Sales have been dead slow for me this month at Kobo. We're buried up here in Canada. All the world's snow seems to be centered over Halifax. Maybe folks are too busy shoveling to read this month?
Sucks to be Halifax, we've officially gone spring here over in BC. :p

·
Registered
584 Posts
Mark E. Cooper said:
My last sale was 3 days ago according to my dashboard.Sales at Kobo have been awesome for months now, and I'm scared that the good times have rolled... and rolled on out of sight leaving me in the dust again. Please tell me your dashboards also stop on the 15th of this month, so I don't have to commit seppuku(sp?)
Mine halted on the 13th...Friday the 13th!!

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Patty Jansen said:
I'm having a good month at Kobo. Sales today (just now) and yesterday and pretty much every day of the month.
Hey Patty. If you don't get a sale at all on say the 16th. Shouldn't the dash show 0 on the dash for that day? My graphs and data don't even show the days beyond 15th.

·
Registered
13,311 Posts
Mark E. Cooper said:
Hey Patty. If you don't get a sale at all on say the 16th. Shouldn't the dash show 0 on the dash for that day? My graphs and data don't even show the days beyond 15th.
If you don't get a sale on a day, that day simply doesn't appear on the graph. No zeroes, no empty spots.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Patty Jansen said:
If you don't get a sale on a day, that day simply doesn't appear on the graph. No zeroes, no empty spots.
OH. MY. GOD. I've died on Kobo then. What has happened? I was doing well there. Google is great, and now Kobo goes down the tubes? WTH!

·
Registered
13,311 Posts
Mark E. Cooper said:
OH. MY. GOD. I've died on Kobo then. What has happened? I was doing well there. Google is great, and now Kobo goes down the tubes? WTH!
*Shhh. Secret coming up*

Unfree your permafree. Put it back to paid. Free books have crap visibility at Kobo. You will be in people's alsobots. They will generally show mostly paid books in there.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Patty Jansen said:
*Shhh. Secret coming up*

Unfree your permafree. Put it back to paid. Free books have crap visibility at Kobo. You will be in people's alsobots. They will generally show mostly paid books in there.
Patty, did you unfree your permafree everywhere else or were you able to do it at just Kobo and not get put back to paid on the other sites? I'd love to give this a try, as Kobo only does okay for me after a bookbub and even then it's just okay.
But I don't want to risk going back to paid on zon and B&N because it's still working for me on those stores.

PS: OP, sorry your sales stopped on Kobo, hope they pick up again soon!

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've decided not to panic yet. Maybe tomorrow  :p I love my 4 permafree books. I've found that running Freebooksy on them etc, really kickstarted my sales on channels other than Amazon. Kdp is now down to 50% of my income, and I feel all warm and tingly about that. Of course, Audible is 35% and that is owned by Amazon too! So how safe am I?

Not safe at all!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Patty Jansen said:
*Shhh. Secret coming up*

I've just made my permafree 99c. I've had crickets on Kobo for about a month, while my permafree has been doing well elsewhere. So I'll give it a whirl at 99c and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Mark E. Cooper said:
I've decided not to panic yet. Maybe tomorrow :p I love my 4 permafree books. I've found that running Freebooksy on them etc, really kickstarted my sales on channels other than Amazon. Kdp is now down to 50% of my income, and I feel all warm and tingly about that. Of course, Audible is 35% and that is owned by Amazon too! So how safe am I?

Not safe at all!
I can top that - Amazon is now 25% of my income this month. But that's unusual - it's usually around 45%. Don't know if that trend will continue, but that's where it is. :)

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
For me this month, my B&N sales alone exceed Amazon.com and UK taken together. I've also earned more on B&N this month than I earned there the entire last year, which is pretty amazing. Meanwhile, my sales at DriveThruFiction of all places match those at Amazon. My Kobo sales are pretty good as well this month. Not record breaking, but good.

·
Registered
698 Posts
For some reason Kobo, Apple, and B&N are all kicking a$$ for me this month.

It might be because of a Bookbub that I did last month, on a permafree book of mine. That didn't seem to impact my sales one way or the other on Amazon, but on Draft 2 Digital, my sales last month were $1800 total, and this month I've already sold $2200 there.  Same with B&N.

So, Mark - Bookbub ad maybe? I think it worked for me. And other than that - every time I publish a new book, it pulls up sales of my other books.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts