Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I released a new book last month and, on Kobo... crickets.
I've only sold two books since then, which is unheard of for a new release. :eek: And that's with ads running.
Anyone else seeing the same? I mean, it's slower than usual for me everywhere but Kobo sales are in the toilet.
TIA for any thoughts.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I've had books on Kobo for a while and get virtually no sales normally. Don't know what to tell ya...

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
I second Kobo in-store promos. The first free in series ones cost $10 and work well.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The Kobo in-store promo deals are harder to get now than lets say 2 years ago. Secondly, they are not very effective in certain genre's unless you invest in ads (facebook etc...).

Kobo decides what is puts on its storefront based on its readership and for some genre's you basically have little chance agains the big publishers/those with marketing budgets.

Kobo buyers usually are willing to pay more than Amazon buyers for books. Good news? Not quite. The established authors are able to sell at the higher price and hence get more "store front" display time.

I also wonder how Kobo+ will work as it is based on "read time" versus page count. Kobo has been cryptic about the exact mechanics.

Mark

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, markpauloleksiw, C. Gockel, alhawke, and JB1111,

Yes, I've tried Kobo promos. The boxset ones work really well but I haven't had much luck with single books.

I'm running BookBub ads, markpauloleksiw. They've always worked okay, but this month is a freakin' disaster. Agree with you re Kobo+. I'm just starting to see results coming through. Nothing to shout about, but they have to start somewhere. I wish it was possible to see the reads in real-time, though, rather than having to wait two months.

G.Cockel, if you see this, how have you found the read-through to be on a free first in series promo?

Thanks again, y'all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts