Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting:

Speaking of independent publishing, Kobo also has plans for an independent author portal where authors can have their books listed in epub formats to be sold in the Kobo eBook store. They did have a program that did this before but was randomly killed. This new program is comparable to rival programs such as Barnes and Noble PUBIT and the Amazon DTP. Kobo will be adding a new section to their book store for the titles that are self-published and will offer a conversion program for TXT, RTF, and DOC files to EPUB. Michael also mentioned during the interview that Kobo will even assist the writers in their marketing efforts. I can foresee Kobo having a revenue sharing policy comparable to the other companies only taking 15% - 30% per each sale.
http://goodereader.com/blog/electronic-readers/kobo-planning-ebook-lending-and-self-publishing-service/

I hope their successful. I want a lot of different retailers competing with one another so they are hungry for our books.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
If five years ago someone from the future had come to us and said that publishing would soon be revolutionized by things named kindles, nooks, and kobo ...

Rrrrrright.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts