Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
I've been able to upload the whole period. Some even went live during the time they weren't adding content. I've had no problems.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
They are closed for maintenance right now.  I got an email about 3 weeks ago saying they would be.  I can't remember the exact dates, but it was after Christmas and past January 1.  I would try again after this weekend if I were you. 

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
On the off chance you have the same issue I did - I had trouble a few weeks ago uploading a mobi. After several failures to upload, it finally worked after I took the ampersand (&) out of the book title. Taking it out of the file name wasn't sufficient - I had to go back to Calibre to remove it from the book title and re-make the mobi file.

·
Registered
638 Posts
At the top of the dashboard it says this:

Please note that we will not be adding new content to kobobooks.com between December 21, 2012 and January 2, 2013.

So one more day to wait.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
tensen said:
I uploaded titles a week before they said they were stopping adding titles for the holidays and didn't see a single one actually published.
I uploaded two right around the 20th and they both published, no problem.

·
Registered
13,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update on this:

I reverted to the DOC file and uploaded that. It worked no problem.

I emailed customer support and am now dealing with the issue. I've described the repeated issue that once a file of a certain type gives an error, it's next to impossible to try that file type again.

It is possible that some issues are with my process.

I'm not happy with InDesign's EPUB generator, but the export for Kindle integrates with Amazon and updates automatically. It works awesomely, so I'd prefer to upload MOBI files. That said, most of my InDesign-generated EPUBs have uploaded fine to Kobo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts