Kindle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,285 Posts
crebel said:
I don't subscribe to KU either. Since KOLL started, however, a book being listed in KU has been the best indicator of it also being KOLL eligible.
I'd agree about availability. You do have Prime, right? I think that's also a requirement.

crebel said:
Okay, must just be me. I cannot find a book listed as a KOLL borrow from my Kindle this month. Someone give me a title you have borrowed for January so I can see what options it shows for me.
the book I borrowed is called The Reversible Mask by Loretta Goldberg. Here's a link -- though I know it won't really help you, but you can at least see what the cover looks like to be sure you have the right book:

·
Registered
9,261 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
I'd agree about availability. You do have Prime, right? I think that's also a requirement.

the book I borrowed is called The Reversible Mask by Loretta Goldberg. Here's a link -- though I know it won't really help you, but you can at least see what the cover looks like to be sure you have the right book:

Thanks, Ann! The Reversible Mask does come up as "Read Now Download with Kindle Lending Library" on my Oasis. Guess KOLL isn't gone after all, I just have to search harder for an option since KU eligible books by independent authors are not a failsafe method of adding future potential reads to my KOLL wish list.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don't think I ever got that email notice, and IAC the KOLL is so hard to find that I haven't bothered to try in many months.
I borrowed very few books from there anyway.

·
Super Moderator
67,285 Posts
FWIW, It looks like KOLL is officially gone. I've looked on several different kindles and can't find ANYTHING listed as available to borrow via KOLL Normally, pretty much anything in KU would so show on my kindle. Finally, I hit the KU link on one of my kindles and up popped a deal: 3 months for nothing, renewing afterward at $10/month. and it says, "Exclusively for Kindle Owners Lending Library Customers". So I think that puts 'paid' to the program.

I'll probably do it and then immediately turn off the renewal.

I never did get, to my knowledge, any formal announcement of it's passing -- just read about it here.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts