Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,323 Posts
Wow! That's one heck of a lot of books.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,210 Posts
To summarize. Get to work writing a ton of great books. Or don't.

Oh, and get lucky along the way too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,323 Posts
jimkukral said:
To summarize. Get to work writing a ton of great books. Or don't.

Oh, and get lucky along the way too.
If you don't write that ton of books it's hard to get lucky though. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
548 Posts
Super! Another indie in the million club.  :)  How many does that make now?

I've found Konrath's blog posts really useful. I think he has a sharp understanding of the business. Still, his advice is probably colored by his experience (whose isn't?). The only marketing he advises is putting out more books--the rest will be taken care of by Amazon's algorithms. I'm a little skeptical. But then again, I've never bought a book through an ad or a tweet. I've found most of my books through Amazon also-boughts. So maybe he has a point...

But, gotta sow the field first somehow, no?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
10,117 Posts
Wow. Cool. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
JRTomlin said:
If you don't write that ton of books it's hard to get lucky though. ;)
Exactly. It just takes time. He's been in the business a long time and an indie author I think since 2009/2010? Lots of books to sell ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,323 Posts
Sarah Woodbury said:
Exactly. It just takes time. He's been in the business a long time and an indie author I think since 2009/2010? Lots of books to sell ...
It does take time. You'll get no argument from me there.

But the idea of having sold a million books-- just wow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
If you notice, he also somehow got the rights back to his first six books. He's not talking about how he did it though. Surely they hadn't "gone out of print".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,323 Posts
Ben Mathew said:
Super! Another indie in the million club. :) How many does that make now?

I've found Konrath's blog posts really useful. I think he has a sharp understanding of the business. Still, his advice is probably colored by his experience (whose isn't?). The only marketing he advises is putting out more books--the rest will be taken care of by Amazon's algorithms. I'm a little skeptical. But then again, I've never bought a book through an ad or a tweet. I've found most of my books through Amazon also-boughts. So maybe he has a point...

But, gotta sow the field first somehow, no?
I haven't bought a book because of an ad either but a lot of people do. I mean why would someone sign up for an email list of books if they weren't going to buy books from it? Some of them work, whatever Konrath says. I admire his million books, but I don't always take his advice. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Are we reading the same post?

Konrath clearly states how to achieve amazing sales, and I am going for it.

"Because there is nothing you can do to make people buy your ebooks, except maybe hold them at gunpoint or kidnap their pets."

Lock your doors, people. The Cat Snatcher is coming... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
548 Posts
Avarian said:
Are we reading the same post?

Konrath clearly states how to achieve amazing sales, and I am going for it.

"Because there is nothing you can do to make people buy your ebooks, except maybe hold them at gunpoint or kidnap their pets."

Lock your doors, people. The Cat Snatcher is coming... ;)
Arrrrgghh! Can't believe I missed that clue he worked in! So that's how he did it!

Konrath, I can imagine. But Amanda Hocking! Who would have thought!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
Yay for Konrath! I know he gets a bad rap from some people, but he was a huge inspiration to me when I was making the decision to self-pub. I am very happy for him and wish him many years of continued success!
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top