Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LMAO!! I laughed for ten minutes.
Teninx posted about the software version some are 1.0.8 some 1.1.1 etc... I piped up and said something to the effect of, great, that's all we need-- the forum will be bonkers with questions about the numbers

Well, I was mimicking the forum, with the way it's been with one question after another; and the young newcomer that posted after me, NOT realizing I was in "mimicking mode": posted under me

I copied it: Here's the post...

ME:
Anything to get the forum b.s. in full swing again >>> I got mine today and it's 1.0.4 and you got yours last week and it's 1.0.8!!! How come? QUESTION: Why did I get my Kindle AFTER so and so and my version is older when it should be newer? Is my Kindle refurbished? Why are the numbers different? Did I get swindled? I think, I want, I need...can I? What is 1.1.1? Hey, did I get cheated? I want to send it back for the higher number... Is this the new version?

REPLY: sjc, you're sounding slighty... cracked. Perhaps you should be laying off the candy and heading for bed.

Oh God... I just laughed for 10 minutes:
Honey, newcomer RovingSoul: Sweetheart... You're precious; your youth and innocence just made my day. Stay as sweet as you are.

·
Registered
195 Posts
haha. great.

But on a serious note . . . I only have 1.0.8. How do I get 1.1.1? Maybe that's only available outside the US? Or if you purchase textbooks? Or you have to download it using the USB cable instead of Whispernet?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Khabita said:
haha. great.

But on a serious note . . . I only have 1.0.8. How do I get 1.1.1? Maybe that's only available outside the US? Or if you purchase textbooks? Or you have to download it using the USB cable instead of Whispernet?
Take a little tiny piece of paper. Write 1.1.1 on it. Bring up the settings menu. Place the piece of paper carefully over the numbers 1.0.8. Voila! You have successfully upgraded to 1.1.1!

If you want to be really adventurous, you can use this same technique to upgrade to 2.3.2. However, I've heard that that version doesn't have folders so there really isn't any point.

L

1 - 3 of 3 Posts