Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are so many DX covers, not slipcases, "currently unavailable"?  Oberon still has them I think but Octovo no longer has a cover nor does M-Edge.  Are there plans to phase out the DX from production?  Am I missing something? ???

·
Registered
46 Posts
The DX is 21mm taller than the ipad , I bought a zippable black hard cover for my DX from Amazon to keep it safe when not being used.

Ipad = 243x190x13.4mm

DX = 264x183x9.65mm

Vegas_Asian said:
Do iPad slipcovers fit the dx?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I went the ebay route and found a cheap, generic cover for my DXG. It works however the faux-swede lining is staining the upper rubber portion of the back, a little.

It would be nice if more mainstream companies produced DX covers, but I guess it just isn't profitable for them to do so.

·
Registered
19,866 Posts
Manufacturers aren't discontinuing DX covers, there has always been a dearth of them.  I've been complaining about this (to the javoedge people in particular) since I got my first DX.  For some reason, the cover makers don't think there's a market, and since the K3 is more popular and takes less material to make a cover for, financially, it makes more sense to concentrate on that market.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts