Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Bookbub had a rare sale on a Lady Darby book today. A Brush with Shadows (book 6) is $1.99 at posting.
I've had all kinds of tech heck this morning since my phone decided to brick itself and I'm too irritated to track down my instructions for image links. But I wanted to post since I know some folks have been trying to wait for sales on this series.

·
6,000 Posts
Book 6 is also on sale in the UK. I've only read book 1 so I'm waiting for the earlier books to come on sale.

At the moment book 2 is £9.49 - which I think is about US$13 - and not available at the library or on KU. :(

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
No cover yet, but Lady Darby #10, A Perilous Perspective, is available for pre-order. It will be released on April 5, 2022 (same day as #17 in the St. Cyr series). I've gotten enough of both series on sale and am all caught up on each, so I am willing to pay full price for both of these authors on release day.

·
Super Moderator
67,490 Posts
Thanks! Though I am way behind in this series .... I think I've bought number 3 but haven't read it yet.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
For those who have not started this series - Book 1, The Anatomist’s Wife, is $1.99 at posting. The description with the link is useless. I am posting the blurb below.

THE FIRST LADY DARBY MYSTERY

“A riveting debut…an original premise, an enigmatic heroine, and a compelling Highland setting…a book you won’t want to put down.”—New York Times bestselling author Deanna Raybourn

Scotland, 1830. Following the death of her husband, Lady Darby has taken refuge at her sister’s estate, finding solace in her passion for painting. But when her hosts throw a house party for the cream of London society, Kiera is unable to hide from the ire of those who believe her to be as unnatural as her husband, an anatomist who used her artistic talents to suit his own macabre purposes.

Kiera wants to put her past aside, but when one of the house guests is murdered, her brother-in-law asks her to utilize her knowledge of human anatomy to aid the insufferable Sebastian Gage—a fellow guest with some experience as an inquiry agent. While Gage is clearly more competent than she first assumed, Kiera isn’t about to let her guard down as accusations and rumors swirl.

When Kiera and Gage’s search leads them to even more gruesome discoveries, a series of disturbing notes urges Lady Darby to give up the inquiry. But Kiera is determined to both protect her family and prove her innocence, even as she risks becoming the next victim…

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lady Darby #10’s publishing date has slipped. It is now April 26th.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am wondering if all the supply and shipping issues are affecting print books. And of course the publishers generally won't release e-books ahead of print.

Yup - found some CNN articles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts