Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone.  I ordered my Kindle 12/16 and am trying to be patient until March.  I used to read quite a bit, then went through a spell of barely picking up a book.  Who has time when you are on the computer reading scrapbooking/photography/cooking/birds/dogs, etc., etc. message boards?  Plus, I am a Fox News addict.  For the past year I've been basically housebound due to moving my mother in with us and taking care of her.  Which brings me back to reading - I find myself needing to escape into a world of fiction.  Or antidepressants.  Reading seems to have far less side-effects, so shall be my drug of choice!  I'm so happy to have found this message board and will be checking in quite often.  I'm trying to decide which accessories I'd like to buy and find everyone's reviews very helpful. 

Thanks for letting me introduce myself,
Kathy

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Katbird,

thanks for introducing yourself and welcome again to Kindleboards!

You can pass the time here while you wait, we are a great community!  We have book klubs starting next week, and if you don't have a Kindle yet, you're welcome to get the book from the library and join us until you get your Kindle!

Reading (and Kindleboards) are great escapes!

Betsy

G

·
Oh well if all else fails you can take the aptly named Bacardi Jim route, drinking.  :)

We also have the ever popular chat room.  it's fun, free and easy.  You may see your Kindle a lot sooner than you think.  They like to pad the  estimate on when you will get you Kindle.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Welcome Katbird1...I am also a Fox News junkie...but since I got my kindle in October I have a new addiction.  Hopefully you will get yours earlier than expected deleivery date.  It is worth the wait.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Great news on the refurb, Kathy! Welcome to Kindleboards!

I love your avatar. Is that a digital scrapbooking layout? I create digi scrap products for Scrap Girls, so I love seeing things like this!

Looking forward to getting to know you! :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jan - Scrap Girls!?  I get that every day in my e-mail.  Wow, nice to "meet" you.  I have only done a few digital layouts, unfortunately few and far between so that I forget from one time to another how to do what I knew how to do the last time.  :p  And the paper is Rhonna Farrer.  I'll have to head over to Scrap Girls later and find you!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Oh cool, Kathy! I hope you're taking advantage of the terrific sale we're having! ;)

Look for Jan Hicks under the list of designers in the boutique to see my products, and if you want to check out my gallery, you can click on the little world icon underneath my avatar in this post.

Have fun! :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hello, Kathy -

Welcome Aboard!

Glad you found your way here & it's fantastic that you were able to get a reborn one at that  ;D

I love the creation you have posted under you name.  I'm sure you and ScrappingForever will be in cahoots in no time!

Let us know when the Kindle ships so we can join you the ritual Kindle Watch. 

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi, Linda and Marci.  I just got tracking notice that the m-edge cover I ordered has shipped from Atlanta, and I'm in N. GA, so that should arrive tomorrow.  Don't know where my Kindle will ship from, Vampyre said maybe Kentucky.  Fingers are crossed that I will get notice later today that it has shipped.  Marci, what I did was super simple, believe me, or I couldn't have done it.  ScrappingForever is very skilled, I'm hit-or-miss!  But thank you for the compliment!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts