Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Melissa, the one woman show behind Borsa Bella sent me two lovely thank you gifts, for helping her! She had told me I could order anything I wanted and when I saw she had added laminated fabrics to her arsenal, I knew that was what I had to have. I had been wanting a cool laptop sleeve for awhile and asked if she could do that. It is perfect!! It came out so well she hopes to start making these next month and they will range in price from $45 to $52, depending on size. I think they will also have a handle, I did not want one since I will carry it in a large purse. I am just so happy, the fabrics and her work are just so beautiful.

Then she suggested a Kindle cover in the other new laminated fabric. She is so generous! I really love it, "Red Badge of Roses" matches my cover perfectly and has a real vintage look, which is so me. It is a brushed cotton and has a bit more of a matt finish and as you can see in the close up, it is waterproof!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
oh those are fantastic -- she is incredibly talented isn't she.  I'm slowly saving up for a new one (I'm thinking the blue one that was in the contest)

·
Registered
194 Posts
i can't seem to find any kindle 2 covers on their site.  i'd be interested in a waterproof cover if it can be had in black or some other "guy" colors

·
Registered
244 Posts
Octochick - Is that a K2 in an Oberon cover in the bag?  Does it fit in easily or does the button make it hard to slip in the bag? Just trying to get a feeling of the size. 

·
Registered
194 Posts
Seamonkey said:
Kindle Zen.. just email or call Melissa; she's very good about working with people.
thanks Seamonkey, i see now the bags fit both k1 and 2. i willa sk to see if they'll make a laminate black bag.
regards kz

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi All,
I have had a heck of a time getting on this site, is it just me? And where are the icons?

You can request the travel bag in any fabric on her site, including these... just send her an email!

Yes it is an Oberon K2 cover, and it fits perfectly. It is a snug fit, but the Oberon button is not a problem. Melissa
has her own Oberon now so she understands the size.

I am not sure if she has a more masculine version of these laminated fabrics, but for sure ask Kindle Zen. She is great!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Octochick said:
Hi All,
I have had a heck of a time getting on this site, is it just me? And where are the icons?

You can request the travel bag in any fabric on her site, including these... just send her an email!

Yes it is an Oberon K2 cover, and it fits perfectly. It is a snug fit, but the Oberon button is not a problem. Melissa
has her own Oberon now so she understands the size.

I am not sure if she has a more masculine version of these laminated fabrics, but for sure ask Kindle Zen. She is great!
Was your Oberon cover a special order? I can only find that pattern as a journal. It's not shown with the K2 covers.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes Googlegirl, it was. I had talked to them back when I had my K1 about it...so they agreed to do it for me when I switched to a K2. It may be the next K2 cover they offer but they are so swamped right now, it may be awhile. 

·
Registered
216 Posts
It's so pretty, Octochick.
I coordinates nicely with the BB Rose bag. I really like her new lamintaed fabrics.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
That is pretty nice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are the Kindle bags now being made without a wrist strap? I don't see one in the picture.
I went to the BB site and the newer ones all seem to be sans strap, and there is no mention of it in the description, although the previously available ones show the strap.

Why would they leave off the strap? ???

Anyone know? Octochick?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts