Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I noticed on the kindle accesories board that every one enjoys dressing up thier kindle which made me think you all might have some good laptop bag suggestions.  I got a new laptop for work and I hate the generic bag that came with it.  I can't find a case for it at any of the stores in town because it is widescreen and won't fit.  It is 11 x 15-1/2.  I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good site I should check out for laptop cases.

Thanks
Lisa

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Yay I made a link!! Spent some time with pidgeon92's tutorial and it worked. Thanks pidgeon92.

I've always liked the looks of this snazzy laptop carrier. This company makes all sorts of covers/bags and it's too bad they don't make any Kindle accessories. Maybe if we all emailed them a request they might?

Sheryl

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
EnginerdLisa said:
Ok, I noticed on the kindle accessories board that every one enjoys dressing up thier kindle which made me think you all might have some good laptop bag suggestions. I got a new laptop for work and I hate the generic bag that came with it. I can't find a case for it at any of the stores in town because it is widescreen and won't fit. It is 11 x 15-1/2. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good site I should check out for laptop cases.

Thanks
Lisa
Hi Lisa, go to the Accessory Forum, there are several there with pics. The red leather Levenger is gorgeous, received it last week and it is on sale for $98. Let us now which one you get!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got my laptop bag at eBags.com. They have a feature where you can choose for regular or widescreen, or by dimensions (or something). They have a huge selection. I have a widescreen, and it wasn't easy to find anything locally that I liked.

I ended up getting a neoprene sleeve with a handle for mine, as I rarely take it with me.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'll second using ebags.com.  I purchased a rolling backpack from them last Christmas when I was about to start nursing school (those gigantic textbooks are killer!).  Their customer service is top rate, and shipping was free at the time.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
My laptop bags is from a brand from Finland called Golla. I love the look, but the bags. Although the price at most sites are pretty high. The cheapest price I have found it at was 35-ish dollars a year ago (typical price is 60-70 dollars). The bag has an cushioned area for the laptop and another area for books or folders. The site I ordered mine is thecellguru.com, which is where I find the bags the cheapest.

Here a review of the bags, which also includes photos of the inside of the bags.
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4386

The Golla website: www.golla.com

I have the red one.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I have a fifteen inch laptop. It fits perfectly in my bag and it doesn't have room to shift or anything. I think some Borders (Like the new one on near the Las Vegas strip) sells them. They are sold for two different laptop sizes, 15 inch and the 13 inch laptop. They don't have a bag that fits the 17 inch laptops yet.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
ScottBooks said:
I suppose I should point out that Office Depot just started carrying these. (Built NY) Your local store should have a rack with 8 different ones.
ScottBooks- Alas, not all Office Depot stores are the same. I was just in the one near me yesterday looking things over and they definitely did not have any Built NY cases there. Maybe they just didn't have their stock out yet and there is hope afterall!

·
Registered
731 Posts
sherylb said:
ScottBooks- Alas, not all Office Depot stores are the same. I was just in the one near me yesterday looking things over and they definitely did not have any Built NY cases there. Maybe they just didn't have their stock out yet and there is hope afterall!
Sorry, I should have specified the mid Atlantic area.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
EnginerdLisa said:
Ok, I noticed on the kindle accesories board that every one enjoys dressing up thier kindle which made me think you all might have some good laptop bag suggestions. I got a new laptop for work and I hate the generic bag that came with it. I can't find a case for it at any of the stores in town because it is widescreen and won't fit. It is 11 x 15-1/2. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good site I should check out for laptop cases.

Thanks
Lisa
Check out www.levenger.com, specifically the sale section and also go to ebay and search for levenger and you'll find the levenger outlet store.

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
EnginerdLisa said:
It is 11" x 15.5", and the largest dimension on the golla bags is 14" so it won't fit.
Lisa, I had the same problem trying to find a nice laptop bag that was large enough and finally gave up. I bought a black leather computer case that has wheels. It is large enough for my computer, accessories, the DTV books that I carried with me everywhere and even enough room for a change of clothes if needed! It was great for work and travel. Now that I am retired, it is a bit much but it still works great for those weekend trips to Houston to see the grandkids. I bought it at Fry's Electronics in Houston, but Office Depot carries the same ones.

All I really need now is a purse that my kindle w/ cover will fit in. Nothing fancy, just functional.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.