Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I am in Houston for a couple of days to spend some time with Larry and the grandson's birthday party. Internet at Larry's apt is very limited. I am using his aircard right now just to let you know where I am. Before he got home from work I tried to connect to the web on the Kindle and I have no bars showing. I guess the SW side of Houston has dead spots. Well, at least I have plenty of books downloaded already! I have email on my cell phone, so if anyone sends me a PM, I will get the notice. Have fun and I will check in when I can!

Love you guys!! Angela

PS - Maybe tomorrow while he is at work I will see if I can find a coffee shop with WiFi.  :D

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Angela said:
Hey everyone! I am in Houston for a couple of days to spend some time with Larry and the grandson's birthday party. Internet at Larry's apt is very limited. I am using his aircard right now just to let you know where I am. Before he got home from work I tried to connect to the web on the Kindle and I have no bars showing. I guess the SW side of Houston has dead spots. Well, at least I have plenty of books downloaded already! I have email on my cell phone, so if anyone sends me a PM, I will get the notice. Have fun and I will check in when I can!

Love you guys!! Angela

PS - Maybe tomorrow while he is at work I will see if I can find a coffee shop with WiFi. :D
I have wondered where you were all day. Thanks for checking in, you were missed. :)I though perhaps you weren't feeling well.

Linda

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Ah...now you know how I feel when I visit mom in NC and she has blasted dial-up, not to mention that the cell towers are spotty. Last year I actually stood on her driveway to call my girlfriend but I had to face a certain way otherwise the call would drop ;-p

Hope your grandson has a fun birthday...hi to Larry :))

·
Registered
433 Posts
Nice to see you Larry. I have to go across town for awhile now.

·
Registered
426 Posts
So you'll be the one on Larry's roof waving something white in your hands looking for a faint glimmer of whispernet coverage.  ;D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Have a good time but hurry home to your computer and Whispernet.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I am back home. I guess I will find out when the next Verizon bill comes in if I went over Larry's allotted time on his aircard!! I used a whole lot more than I intended. I wil be home tonight and Sunday then it is back to Houston for another couple of days for my annual check up and blood work... yuk! I will be staying with my friend Laura who has dial up, so once again I will be fighting internet! Guess I will actually have more time to read my kindle if I can't be online! I am at least going to try and catch up on reading some of these posts. There are only 5 pages worth of new stuff!! Yikes! you guys have been bisy!!  :D

G

·
DIAL UP? That is so last millennium. Are your friends Amish? :) Hang there. Tell everyone I said "Hi" and "Merry Christmas!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts