Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! This is it, the last FFF of 2012 -- Share your BEST 2012 and this week's good news.

I couldn't wait till FFF bc I had this amazing review that was thoughtful, and balanced and compared me to Jane Green, Sophie Kinsella & Marian Keyes --- and Amazon deleted it. So, let's pretend it's still there and call that one of my good things!!! :)

The book launch is slow but steady. That's better than a total bomb.

My freebie of the first book was downloaded 2227 times in the US on it's one day -- and so far the reviews have been GREAT! Always exciting.

For 2012, I'd say getting to put more time on my writing here (while ignoring my other two writing gigs *snort*) has been fun. Getting the holiday read out and having 1.5 fulls getting ready to go in Q1 is really exciting. It's nice to see the ducks lining up.

My day job has been an INSPIRATION I tell you!!!! How? It has inspired me to GET THE HECK OUT! lol Before KB I thought it might take decades of NY publishing to get out. But, I'm seeing success stories here and realizing maybe I can be one of those full time writers some day too.

As for the Fat Free part - It's New Year's! What's your favorite guilty pleasure, it's fat free today!

·
Registered
888 Posts
I've had an awesome 2012 getting started as a self-pubbed writer of naughty short stories!
It was slow to begin with, but signing up here and starting my blog really helped me kickstart everything just a couple of months ago. It might be a bit premature, but I'm already counting the days till I can do this full time.  ;D
In today's lovely news, my free title is climbing the rankings! I'm #868 in the whole free store now, and #31 in erotica!

*goes back to staring at rankings intently*

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
This week:
My Christmas Eve bookbub ad did pretty well. I got to 57 on the free list. Even with the two books following it on sale at $.99, I made back the price of the ad in one day.

My book is now at 500 on the free list, but it's falling fast, and my two later books are at 5K and 10K in the paid store. The rest of the series is hovering in the 20-40K range, which is an improvement over what was going on. With any luck, I will make enough money on Amazon this month to actually support myself for a month, thus staving off the prospect of a sucky day job until at least April! Huzzah!

B&N sales are up too!

Also, I have sexy new idea syndrome in the worst way. I really need to write 15K on the current book, so that I can get to the new book NOW. :)

2012:
I supported myself for twelve whole months with nothing but my writing income!!

I got to move into this awesome old farmhouse, which is idyllic and fabulous and the rent is cheap!

I wrote six books (maybe seven if I get my butt in gear, but I'm probably not writing 15K before the end of the year. Maybe, though...) and seven short stories, and published all of them all by myself!!

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I'm a LOOOOONG way from supporting myself with my writing (and, frankly, don't trust the evolution of self-pubbing ebooks to the point that I'd be able to let go of that steady pay cheque).

But I just passed 200 sales for Only Human at .com for December (had 280 in November but that included two promos) so I'm happy with that. Plus borrows and internationals. Reviews are definitely pushing me to continue the series for a while. So this is my big writing story of 2012.

The week, overall, has been a huge list of ups and downs - juicy cheque from the trad pub book, car accident, nice Christmas, crap weather, lots of writing getting done, no Christmas sales bump - so all I'll do right now is admit to my vice:

HAAGEN DAZS ICE CREAM

·
Registered
719 Posts
In while I'm still on the ConRom HNR! :D

2012 has been interesting for me. I left a well paying job to focus on writing, giving myself through the end of the year to "Make it". As December approached I knew that my chances of "making it" were looking pretty grim - and I had already begun to reach out to my contacts in the professional fields to line up another position. Then I released The Professor and my outlook had begun swaying again.

It's not that the sales #'s are life changing - it's that it's a little light of hope that had been missing all year. It was enough to re-focus my efforts and recommit to myself that I CAN do whatever I set out to do. I have novel ideas swirling around in my head that need to be written; and 2013 is going to be the year for that. I'm going to be around here for a while :).

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
DS#2 IS GETTING MARRIED IN 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I know, it's not all caps Wed, but I am truly happy & excited for him)

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
With my ebooks, I've had some disappointments in the batch, but I've also had a few exceed my expectations. Nothing's exceeded my dreams yet, because my dreams are big. Maybe 2013?

Words written and published so far in 2012: 654,296

Much love and hugs to all of the KB gang! I share your joy when I see your books trouncing over mine up the bestseller lists.  ;)

Top 100 paid list in 2013 - I'm comin for ya!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
It's the weekend here! Though like the Dowager Countess of Grantham, I feel like asking, "What's a weekend?"

Best writing news of 2012 for me: I became a full-time writer. I've started putting it on forms and all. :)

Best of the week: I've actually made some progress on the wip, and am liking how it's taking shape. Of course on any given day I can swing from the heights to the depths of my feelings about the book, but right now I'm feeling mellow. And am about to have my second coffee of the day.

New Year treat: panettone, and a nice New Zealand sparkling wine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts