Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread, another KB member asked how you reached your first 100 sales.

Curious to know if many of you throw a launch party when you have a new release? I have thrown a bash for the release of each of my three books.

I am proud to say (and very lucky too!) that I broke 100 sales at each launch party:

Book One: 108 sold
Book Two: 102 sold
Book Three: 111 sold

Many great friends, colleagues, and relatives came to the parties, and many of them bought more than one book. I'm fortunate that so many people supported me with their wallets :)

My books were all released in paperback before being released as ebooks - I have no idea what sales might be like at a launch party if I had only an ebook...?

I definitely spent more than I made on the event, but $$$ was not the goal. I think it was worth it, and will throw another party if I ever finish the next book.

Here's a link to a write-up about my second launch party: http://www.openbooktoronto.com/news/how_throw_memorable_launch_party_get_buzz_going?device=desktop

·
Registered
553 Posts
That's how I hit my first 100 books sold.  It wasn't a party, but when I mentioned to 250 plus friends on FB I wrote a book, 100 of them ran out and bought my book.  It's been an uphill slog eversince, but the momentum has started to pick up going into my 2nd year.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Christian Price said:
It's been an uphill slog ever since.
Yes it has been - wish I could sell 100 every night!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts