Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

My name is Steve Hendry, aka Train, and I have a new Kindle book out called "Leapfrog." It's based more on science than fantasy, but I have to warn you; it's not for the faint of heart. Here's a little blurb and Kindle link:

When the newest and most expensive starship, Leapfrog, unsuccessfully completes its mission for an intergalactic knowledge exchange with technologically superior aliens, it encounters a random meteor shower while returning to earth. These meteorites damage the primary pulse rockets which drastically alters the ship's ETA. Instead of waking from cryo-sleep in the planned hundred and fifty years, the surviving crew discovers that over ten thousand years have elapsed, and the earth is no longer the same. A DNA and nuclear holocaust has triggered a de-evolution among all mankind, rendering the remaining humans soulless primates. The surviving crew attempts to re-colonize earth among raving psychopaths only to discover that a new ultra-evolved creature now predominates and ruthlessly rules the top of the food chain.
http://www.amazon.com/Leapfrog/dp/B001VNBB1M/ref=ed_oe_k

Hope you enjoy,
Train
www.stevehendry.com

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Steve,

Welcome to KindleBoards! I hope the other KB members get a chance to try your book. I'm sure they'll enjoy as much as I did. But more importantly, I hope you enjoy your stay here and make some new friends.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There just doesn't seem to be as much interest in sci-fi novels on the Kindle threads as I'd like to see. Well, I guess that just means us sci-fi writers/readers are a rare breed.

Wish you luck with this one.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I downloaded the sample; it looked pretty good, so I'm probably going to buy it once my TBR pile gets a little shorter.  I do enjoy the more science based novels over fantasy stories.

I should say, however, the formatting could be improved a little.  The font was larger than normal with a lot space between the lines and the table of contents didn't seem to actually work.  It would still be readable, unlike some Kindle formatted editions, but if you have the ability to do so, you might want to correct the font and included a functional table of contents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"I should say, however, the formatting could be improved a little."

Good catch and that's exactly what I said to Medallion Press, the publisher. As you can see, it did a lot of good. Sigh, , ,

Train
www.stevehendry.com

·
Registered
72 Posts
Best of success, Steve.  Don't worry about the likes of Mr. Frame.  If you have completed a story (a work of art) that you enjoy, don't worry that those who have created nothing themselves disparage you.  I like to view a negative review (and I've had some) as an opportunity to become better.  Recently, someone was very critical of my book based on my ad-copy alone.  I (sincerely) thanked him for his input.  I rewrote the ad copy, even though he was quite harsh, and my sales have improved.  Frame just sounds really angry.  Some folks are like that.  I hope you do well!  Congratulations for being in print too.  I'm still trying to push past a dozen or so rejections; nothing compared to what Konrath endured (over 500!).
Keep at it!
Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts