Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As long as I''m starting threads nobody will respond to...

I'm just sayin'...... they rule.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Are we getting into a debate over Stairway to Heaven vs. Light My Fire (long version) as the all time greatest R&R song? 

The Doors.  Light My Fire.  RIP Jim Morrison.  My daughter went to Paris 15 years ago, and I asked her if she saw The Louvre.  She said no, but I did see Jim Morrison's grave.  She had her priorities straight. 

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGgggggggggaahhh!!!!! NOT the ZEPPELIN!
I take it you've been through this one before? ::) I thought I was through with the Led Zep v. The Doors wars 30 years ago.

Personally, I like KC and the Sunshine Band. (Take that, Jim.)

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
BJ just likes Led Zeppelin because a Lead Zeppelin would hover in the air much the way a brick doesn't.

Though, on Mythbusters last season, they actually made a lead baloon that worked like, well, a balloon.  But those guys are all slightly nuts.

Ann

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, it is just a long standing thing with us. I really can't stand Robert Plant's voice. He will so totally get it.

But, I would really get in trouble if I told you that he knows all the words to ABBA's Take a Chance on Me. Oops, did I say that out loud?

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
Though, on Mythbusters last season, they actually made a lead baloon that worked like, well, a balloon. But those guys are all slightly nuts.

Ann
Slightly? Yes, those guys are nuts. Not as nuts as the guys on Deadliest Catch, but a very close second.

LR, your secret is safe with me. If Jim finds out, I didn't tell him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually, my favorites are "The Rain Song," "Over the Hills and Far Away" "Kashmir" and "When the Levee Breaks." I never understood the public fascination with Stairway. *shrug*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it was the first video that popped up so i used it

Love Mythbusters.  I remember the lead balloon epi... :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Darn! And I said nice things about BJ in the "Politics and Religion" thread. Had I known his position on rock bands, however . . .

My husband also loves LZ. He still watches their old videos on MTV. Personally, I've moved on from the seventies. Or was that the eighties? It's all a blur. :)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Whenever the question of the greatest band comes up, three come to mind:

1) the rubber band
2) the Band-Aid
3) the band saw

and for stretchers...

4) the bandoleer
5) the bandanna

Now there is nothing wrong with LZ as far as music bands go, they whomp the poo out most other R&R bands, but the rubber band is still the greatest "band" of all time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TM said:
Love Zepplin... but DIO is right there with them as an all-time great...
I saw Ronny James in a relatively small venue back in 1999. My two immediate impressions:

1) I had no idea how tiny he is.

2) The way he over-emotes, he's like the Michael Bolton of metal. ;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts