1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
685 Posts
Meromana, thanks for the heads up.  Very nice.  I was outside the British Book Awards and Mr Child was approached by a fan (standing beside me.) During the overheard conversation, Mr Child struck me as such a gentleman.  Very kind to the aspiring-writer-fan with some great advice about persevering in the writing life.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the tip! That was neat essay. Though I have to say I'm probably more excited about his new book coming out... can't wait!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cidneyswanson said:
Mr Child struck me as such a gentleman.
Yes, that's the impression you get from reading his essay. Sometimes you wonder if the really big bestselling authors have become celebrity jerks with too much money or power. This essay makes you feel that's not the case with Lee Child.

--Maria

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
meromana said:
Yes, that's the impression you get from reading his essay. Sometimes you wonder if the really big bestselling authors have become celebrity jerks with too much money or power. This essay makes you feel that's not the case with Lee Child.

--Maria
That's the impression I got too. I love his books. ;)

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Well, our childhood backgrounds follow the same pattern in the same era. All I need now is to emulate his success.  :)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I was already a Lee Child fan. But now I'll always picture him in a Monty Python sketch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts