Kindle Forum banner

Most often, how are you holding your Kindle to read?

• Left Hand, in a cover

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Right Hand, in a cover

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Left Hand, out of a cover

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Right Hand, out of a cover

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Depends what I'm doing with the other hand

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 15.7%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Bwahahaha!!!   That "Depends what I'm doing with the other hand" option is hilarious!!

Edited to add:  Always in the cover, usually held with the right hand.  Sometimes I hold it with both hands, like you would w/a hard cover book.  Sometimes no hands at all.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The option is funny, but it's the one I chose because it's closest to the norm for me. What I like most about the Kindle is it's usable ambidextrously.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mikuto said:
The option is funny, but it's the one I chose because it's closest to the norm for me. What I like most about the Kindle is it's usable ambidextrously.
Oh, I totally agree! It just struck me as really, really funny (okay, I'm a bit twisted). I'm just very thankful I was not drinking milk at the time I read it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm left handed but use my right hand to hold the Kindle probably from being forced in Kindergarten to use my right hand. I still use my right hand for cutting with scissors and any game where I have to hold a raquet. Don't know why I went off on this tangent. :eek:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
My option was depends what I am doing with other hand because once I go to bed to read, my cats all fight for the lovin'.
I have to pet and scratch them as they vie for a position up against me as I read. So, mostly I put KinKin against a pillow and have both hands free
for kitty hugging. I then use a finger of one of my free hands to turn the 'page'...or should I say 'screen'?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Xia said:
Oh, I totally agree! It just struck me as really, really funny (okay, I'm a bit twisted). I'm just very thankful I was not drinking milk at the time I read it.
Well it always does depend on what you're reading right? ;) I get where you were going with that ;D

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I chose "Other".  My preference is not to hold my Kindle at all..... hands-free reading.  My husband gave me a small, slanted book stand that I can put on my lap and then I place my Kindle (in its Oberon cover) on the stand and read away.  My dog is usually lying beside me on my right.... so he gets petted with my right hand.  My end table with my coffee cup is on my left so I drink coffee with my left hand..... and turn to the next page in my book with whichever hand is free.  No more worrying about folding the cover back... no more accidentally turning the page.... couldn't work better for me.  Now my hands don't get tired from holding onto the cover or Kindle when I read longer than I probably should (which is all the time).

·
Registered
780 Posts
I usually hold it with both hands or alternate between hands. Scotty is always in his wonderful Oberon cover, sometimes folded back sometimes open like a DTB

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Like PraiseGod13, I like to read with hands-free. I place my kindle with cover on the stand, my lap, or whatever is there then click with whichever hand I feel like at that moment. If there's nothing there to make my kindle stand, I use whichever hand I feel comfortable. I hardly take my kindle out of the cover.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
sailor said:
My option was depends what I am doing with other hand because once I go to bed to read, my cats all fight for the lovin'.
I have to pet and scratch them as they vie for a position up against me as I read.
I have the same issue. Over the years I've learned to hold a book (or Kindle) one handed with the other hand required for cat attention.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I usually hold Gertie K in my left hand, which ends up being awkward because my thumb wants to hit the previous page button.  Too late to change now.  It's become a habit. 

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Susan B said:
I'm left handed but use my right hand to hold the Kindle probably from being forced in Kindergarten to use my right hand. I still use my right hand for cutting with scissors and any game where I have to hold a raquet. Don't know why I went off on this tangent. :eek:
I'm right handed, and I usually hold my Kindle in my left hand. Usually because I am doing something else, like brushing my teeth, with my dominant right hand. :)

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
marianner said:
I'm right handed, and I usually hold my Kindle in my left hand. Usually because I am doing something else, like brushing my teeth, with my dominant right hand. :)
??? You read while brushing your teeth? You're really talented!!

;D

Ann

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am right-handed and hold my Kindle with my left hand in the cover. That leaves my right hand free for my cup of coffee. :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Xia said:
No worries!! I'm a bit twisted too, and I wrote the poll. :)

I'll add mine in here. I usually leave the cover on, and kindle with my left hand. I'm left handed, but I think its more related to liking the angle of the buttons better on the left side.

·
Registered
377 Posts
marianner said:
Wow, Marianner!! You got muli-tasking down to an art form!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts