Kindle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
905 Posts
I've given it a whirl.  Second books are hard.  Hopefully, there's something helpful in here.

The world has changed in the year since Claire first saw William in her favorite cafe. Vampires are real and the world knows it. To protect themselves from discovery, Claire and William remain hidden on an island not found on any mortal map while they wait for Antonio, the leader of the Exiled, to rear his nasty head.

Out of the chaos steps Alec Lewis, the founder of the Order of the Righteous Hand of God. With strong words and a warm smile that hide his ruthless nature, Alec promises sanctuary to those who join the Order. Hell-bent on using the destruction of vampires to vault himself into power, Alec makes a deal with Antonio that endangers those who've trusted him with their lives.

When the Exiled descend on Cairo, Claire knows it's time to strike. Leaving the safety of the island, she pursues Antonio across the globe as he frees more of his people. She knows that when she finds him, she should kill him. She also knows if Antonio dies, her entire past dies with him.*

*Is there more at stake than Claire's memories?  Life or death?   

The bits I omitted about Claire and William seemed more for readers of book 1, but I didn't feel they were necessary to entice those of us new to the story.  Also, the more info you include, the more questions it raises for people unfamiliar with the story (e.g., Claire has followers?  Why does she have followers?  Why is she losing them?) and can lead to confusion.  That's why I lean toward less is more.  Sounds like a good story! 

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.