Kindle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
vrabinec said:
Showoff. ;D

Give us both.
My very, very first I believe was a 2000 word short story with Bards and Sages called SPACE SUCKS. Which was a serious look at space travel. You can tell that by the title.

My first single title was 12k.

My first self-published title was 3300 words.

The next six months will see significantly longer works.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Krista D. Ball said:
My very, very first I believe was a 2000 word short story with Bards and Sages called SPACE SUCKS. Which was a serious look at space travel. You can tell that by the title.

My first single title was 12k.

My first self-published title was 3300 words.

The next six months will see significantly longer works.
Which one was the 12K one?

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
vrabinec said:
Which one was the 12K one?
Harvest Moon.

The military SF in Nov will run about 50k after edits are done with it. The epic fantasy in the late winter will be 90-100k (I haven't gotten edits back for it yet). The novella I'm self-publishing around christmas will be 30k-ish.

That's why I've been complaining this year hasn't had much word count. I've been too busy with two trade titles and two self-pub titles. Next year, I'm not doing this. (Famous last words)

·
Registered
390 Posts
The Last Killiney: 123K
The Bayman's Bride: 104K
The Wager:  95K

In my opinion, my first book is too long, and my last book (to be published this week) is too short, but sometimes you don't have a choice in these things.  Nice to know my usual length is in the right ballpark, anyway.  Great idea for a thread!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
When I first published Cyberdrome in 2008 it was around 100,000 words, but I later edited it down to its current "lean & mean" version with 86,000 words. Somewhere out there in the great beyond, 14,000 orphaned words are looking for new homes... ;)

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.