Kindle Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Way back in February I put up two short stories, mostly as a way to learn how the process works.  They came in at 2,600 and 3,000 words respectively.  Probably next week I'll put up my novel, Masters of the Sun, which weighs in at a bit over 68,000 words.  More to follow later this year.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Krista D. Ball said:
Are you asking what was the first published by myself in ebook that showed up on Amazon, or are you asking the first title of mine in ebook format was sold on Amazon?

Because there is a difference for some of us...
This.

I have had short stories in anthologies, and those anthologies have been available in Kindle format. My stories in those have been in the 3000-5000 range (out of a roughly 80,000-word book).

But my first book solely by me (and which was self-published by me) is around 45,000 words. It's the first in a series, and is aimed at the younger YA market (sometiems called "tween" market -- older than middle grade, but a little bit younger than YA).

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Changing Faces is a little over 31K.

The 2nd in the series (all novellas/short novels) will be a bit longer than that, but still in the novella range.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts