Kindle Forum banner

261 - 280 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
I currently have the hot pink Piel Frama cover for my iTouch and really love it.  I especially like the way the corners are protected on the Touch.  The color is a bit more muted from what the cases.com site shows.
This time I thought I would buy the cover I actually wanted instead of a few cheap ones up front and not being happy.  That's what I did on the iTouch and really regretted those purchases.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
luvshihtzu said:
I was the one with the quality problem back when I ordered the Piel Frama for my Kindle DX through cases.com. They were good about refunding right away and it was a manufacturing problem. This case doesn't have the thin little strap that was on the KDX, so it should be fine.

I went ahead and ordered the hot pink Piel Frama iPad case for $76. I would have rather had the red or black, but the discount was only for in-stock purchases as far as I can figure.
Glad to hear that! I just placed the pre-order for a black magnetic case at cases.com

1 Piel Frama 484 Black Magnetic Leather Case for Apple iPad - PREORDER PF484 $99.00 $99.00
Coupon Applied 2010 Spring Promotion 20% OFF (Coupon) -$19.80
Subtotal: $79.20
Shipping:: Free Shipping (5-7 Days) $0.00
Tax Total: No Tax (0.00%) $0.00
Total: $79.20

So apparently the "SPRING" discount plus free shipping discount works for a pre-order case.

---corkyb, you might want to try ordering again. It may have been putting "0" in the quantity caused a problem with the site's software calculator.

Darn, the cut and paste from cases.com site isn't optimized for our Boards. :D

Best Wishes!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I really like that PielFrama case, but i don't know if it's THE one.
I'd love it if when y'all get them, you could post how you like it.
I'm concerned about how much space it takes up;
so far I'm liking my Apple case, but would like to get something nicer.
Congrat's to those who ordered the Piel Frama, can't wait to hear about them.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
The Piel Frama case is gorgeous.  I'm wondering one thing, though.  I don't see any easel-like part that hooks into the other part of the cover when folded back into a standing position.  The Apple cover has a little slot for this and others of this style, like the Tuff-luv case, have little stoppers.  What keeps this one from just collapsing when in the "stand" position?  Seems precarious.  Hope I've made myself clear.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have the vintage leather kindle 2 case from Octovo and love it, so I asked them if they were making something similar for the iPad and they said yes.  It's in production and should be available in early summer.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'm really conflicted about iPad tote-age. Here's what I really need: A bag with a separate spot for the iPad, another section for the K2 (either naked or in the Oberon), and room for some other stuff (like the iPhone, wallet, etc)

Some options:
BorsaBella iPad bag (that front pocket big enough for naked Kindle? I think so..) as a sleeve for both inside some other bag I already own

Timbuk2 custom (colors) XS Messenger. The dimensions *look* like it will fit the iPad, but then I'll still need a sleeve or something since it doesn't have sections.

Waterfield Muzetto (http://sfbags.com/products/muzetto/muzetto.htm), again hoping the K2 will slide into the front pocket, OR iPad in sleeve next to cased K2.

Case both of them in Oberons (waiting to see what the iPad cases from them are like), and toss 'em both into a big ol' bag.

Starting to think going the BorsaBella route would be best in the long run: Both devices, "naked" (but skinned), in ONE sleeve that can be worn on its own, or tossed into a bigger bag.

Oh, and I need to be able to sling the whole mess on my back on the motorcycle in inclement weather... That might disqualify the Muzetto.

Sigh

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Akjak--

The Timbuk2 XS has a sleeve nearest your body which will just barely fit the iPad if it is nekkid. It will not fit if there is any type of case such as the Apple case. There is NO padding there. The next size up is the small and there is plenty of room, but again NO padding. I wound up buying a SF Bags Ultimate sleeve to put put into that slot so the iPad would be protected. The other route is to purchase the TimBuk2 Laptop messenger in the small size. It has a padded sleeve built in and has plenty of room for the iPad with any type of cover on it. Both bags have tons of room to put all your knick-knacks in. In my small messenger bag I have my iPad, Kindle 2, paper 8x11 notepads, keys, and bag lunch, and some meds (hayfever season here).

Best Wishes!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The "near body" sleeve on the XS Timbuk2... Would that fit a K2 in a cover?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
akjak said:
The "near body" sleeve on the XS Timbuk2... Would that fit a K2 in a cover?
It would fit without a problem. It would even fit with a big Oberon case!

Best Wishes!

·
Registered
404 Posts
akjak said:
I'm really conflicted about iPad tote-age. Here's what I really need: A bag with a separate spot for the iPad, another section for the K2 (either naked or in the Oberon), and room for some other stuff (like the iPhone, wallet, etc)
Have you looked at the Sherpani bags? I have both the Holly and the Flora Minor. I think either of them would work for you. Actually, if you need weather type protection, the Flora Minor might be better.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have liked Sherpani in the past, but my local REI doesn't have the ones you mentioned... Off to look! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Betsy,

I actually just returned one of those. It had no structure at all, so my stuff kept getting all flopped over inside it. Also I don't trust too many magnetic closures on my bags. I know they don't do anything to flash-memory based devices (like most of our portable stuff), but I have had them erase gift cards and the like.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Everybody has been begging me to bring my iPad to work so they could see it but I didn't want to do that until I got some type of protection for it. Until I find the perfect case - I bought a purple (rubber) cover like the Belkin Grip Vue (but not by Belkin). It's a great fit. Then I got a purple neoprene sleeve similar to the Incase sleeve (but not by Incase). The sleeve has a zippered pocket on the outside which is good.

Then, I even bought a matching purple microfiber cloth keeping in the bag to clean the screen. ;D

I'm set for now and I love all of it.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Kindle Gracie said:
Everybody has been begging me to bring my iPad to work so they could see it but I didn't want to do that until I got some type of protection for it. Until I find the perfect case - I bought a purple (rubber) cover like the Belkin Grip Vue (but not by Belkin). It's a great fit. Then I got a purple neoprene sleeve similar to the Incase sleeve (but not by Incase). The sleeve has a zippered pocket on the outside which is good.

Then, I even bought a matching purple microfiber cloth keeping in the bag to clean the screen. ;D

I'm set for now and I love all of it.
That sounds like a cool set.
Where did you find a purple microfiber cloth ? I used to see them all over the place in colors, but now I only see the black or white/ecru cloths.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Sugar said:
Where did you find a purple microfiber cloth ? I used to see them all over the place in colors, but now I only see the black or white/ecru cloths.
You might find them near where they keep the reading glasses. That's where I found mine. I have them in just about every color. (My son wears glasses and I keep them in just about every room of the house and in each of my purses so I always have one around)

261 - 280 of 409 Posts