Kindle Forum banner

281 - 300 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I got this one at Target in the house cleaning supplies.  It's about the size of a bath/washcloth.  That's a great suggestion about the eyeglass cloths.  They are a little bit smaller than the one I got.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Thanks Heather and Sandra :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Here's a link for a site called iPad Case Finder

They have lots of sleeves and some cases to look at on the site,thought someone might find it helpful.

http://ipadcasefinder.com/

·
Registered
817 Posts
My new hot pink Piel Frama leather cover was delivered today.  It looks good and sturdy.  I like the corners.  Am still waiting for my iPad to be delivered, so I am not sure how well the cover will hold the iPad up for typing or viewing.  Has anyone else got their new Piel Frama cover to try out?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
luvshihtzu said:
My new hot pink Piel Frama leather cover was delivered today. It looks good and sturdy. I like the corners. Am still waiting for my iPad to be delivered, so I am not sure how well the cover will hold the iPad up for typing or viewing. Has anyone else got their new Piel Frama cover to try out?
How do you like the color? Is it as bright pink as it looks on screen?
If I ordered I would probably get the pink one as well, but I'm not sure; I like dressing my Kindle in all sorts of colors, but might be going a little more neutral for the iPad (unless I find something beautiful in purple; where are all the purple covers? so far, nonexistent! [as far as I know]).

When do you get your iPad? I can't wait to hear how it actually works for people.

·
Registered
817 Posts
ayuryogini,

I bought the iPad used from a Kindleboards member and am waiting for it to be shipped.  I went the check route in order to keep the seller from paying the huge PayPal fees. 

The hot pink Piel Frama is a little bit darker, but more subdued than the picture shows, but is still very bright.  It exactly matches my iTouch Piel Frama cover in color.  I would have preferred the magnet closure, but all cases.com had in stock was the one with a snap closure. The site said today that it would be about another week and a half before the next pre-order pink shipments would be made.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I am using Apple's case for now. Inside the case, I placed an apple silk wipe pad that came with my iPod Touch. It's inserted such that it looks like a cloth flap when you open the case. Since it's folded into the inside edge, it doesn't reach all the way across the iPad screen, but I use it as is when I wipe down after use. I suppose I could pull it out and wipe the whole screen, which I do, but not all the time.

You can buy a dozen silk eyeglass wipes from eBay for about $4. I gave several to my son who carries his iPad from patient to patient. He loves it because he can load a modality for a shoulder or knee exercise, flip it and the patient sees a video (non flash) of how to do a particular exercise. That generates more fingerprints.

Louis Vuitton announced an iPad sleeve for $360. Not a case, but a sleeve! I can't wait to see the price of a case! ha ha! ($500+ ha ha).

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
This post is little late to the microfiber cloth question, but when I attended the iPad class at the Apple store, I asked them what they would recommend to clean the screen because the fingerprints drive me absolutely crazy.
They recommended the iKlear that they sell there. it's a little pricey ($19.95), but I decided to get it anyway (it comes with 3 microfiber cloths, as well as travel packs).
I have to say, it is AMAZING!!!!!!!  I can't believe how it has cut down on the fingerprints!!! I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it for myself. I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation.  I just ordered the small iKlear kit through Amazon for the iPad.  Think I'll do it that way instead of a screen cover this time around.  My Kindle screen is still perfect with no screen cover.  Used a screen/film on my iTouch and thought it was a waste of time, energy and money.

·
Registered
993 Posts
http://www.igearusa.com/clnalepacawi.html

I really like this one! I do not like Apple's $39 case. It doesn't angle it enough for me in the landscape mode. Angles too much in the portrait mode. Plus the front flap doesn't secure. This one is $29 and snaps closed, plus allows various degrees of angle.

Hmmm... Is there a Louis Vuitton case???? oy!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
GinnyB said:
http://www.igearusa.com/clnalepacawi.html

I really like this one! I do not like Apple's $39 case. It doesn't angle it enough for me in the landscape mode. Angles too much in the portrait mode. Plus the front flap doesn't secure. This one is $29 and snaps closed, plus allows various degrees of angle.

Hmmm... Is there a Louis Vuitton case???? oy!
Have you already received the case? Is it real leather? I like all the ways it can angle;
Here is your Louis Vuitton iPad Sleeve made of CANVAS for $365
(that leather Vaja with the Swarovski crystals is looking like a pretty good deal right now)

·
Registered
993 Posts
I saw the Louis Vuitton sleeve. I already have a Javo-Edge sleeve for $19 ha ha ha! Big price diff, eh? ha ha

No, I have not received that distressed leather case. I am talking with the guy who makes them. Well, I'm blogging, not really personally chatting. He's making changes to the bag - adding pockets that can hold the charger and ear buds as well as a larger pocket to hold the bluetooth keyboard (I have one of those - love it).

So I'm waiting. Of course, that'll no doubt jack up the price as well as the weight, but I like that it's a "purse" as well as case/stand. It weighs 2 pounds as is. Will probably weigh more with the mods. I just fell in love with it!  One guy asked if they could put on his Navy Wings logo (he was an F18 pilot), so I asked if they could put the Corvette logo on (I race and show mine). We'll see.

I'll keep the list posted with links to this bag. I wish I wasn't addicted to bags!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Kindle Gracie said:
Everybody has been begging me to bring my iPad to work so they could see it but I didn't want to do that until I got some type of protection for it. Until I find the perfect case - I bought a purple (rubber) cover like the Belkin Grip Vue (but not by Belkin). It's a great fit. Then I got a purple neoprene sleeve similar to the Incase sleeve (but not by Incase). The sleeve has a zippered pocket on the outside which is good.

Then, I even bought a matching purple microfiber cloth keeping in the bag to clean the screen. ;D

I'm set for now and I love all of it.
Okay so where did you buy all of this? Links please. ;D

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Here you go: They were sold out just after I bought mine, but I see they are back in stock. It's a great fit and the cutouts are perfect too. I like the way it feels in my hand because the iPad is slippery otherwise. I have one of these on my cell phone too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00396OXXC/ref=oss_product

The purple neoprene sleeve I got at Target. It's a 10.2" mini-laptop bag. There's not one like it on the Target site. It has a pocket on the outside and is the same color purple. I also got the microfiber cloth at Target. It's very color coordinated and if I never get anything else, I'm pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
KindleGracie, thanks for sharing; I love all the purple.
I've been lamenting the lack of purple cases, but then I realized M-Edge has purple covers; I guess because I have one (a Prodigy) for my Kindle I hadn't thought of getting the same one for the iPad;
I'm kind of like Betsy, I'm still pretty happy with the Apple cover; it has its drawbacks, but I like how thin it is, making it easy to put in my purse and provides just enough protection.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I ordered the Apple cover a good while back but I'm not sure when it will ever come!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Kindle Gracie said:
I ordered the Apple cover a good while back but I'm not sure when it will ever come!
I just got a notice that my cover is on it's way and should be here by Thursday. I am so nervous with my iPad nekked I can't wait for it to get here. I also have one of those stretch to fit over covers coming thinking maybe that will help too

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Mine order says 'ships May 17, delivers May 20'....did yours ship close to the estimated time?

281 - 300 of 409 Posts