Kindle Forum banner

What's your vote for Best Actress at the 81st Annual Academy Awards?

• Melissa Leo in "Frozen River"

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I've not seen any of these but the buzz seems to be for Kate Winslet, and she's probably due.  And the Academy does take that into account.

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless they want to honor Her Highness, Queen Meryl Streep, one more time. Even so, I voted for Kate Winslet. This seems to be her year.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Betsy the Quilter said:
I think Anne Hathaway might be the dark horse for an upset. But it's a pretty dark horse....

Betsy
I don't think she's "paid her dues" enough yet to win an award. To me, this is really a two horse race.

L

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think Kate will win, I mean she won the Golden Globe and they're usually the 'safe' prediction. But I loved Anne Hathaway's role, she hasn't paid her dues yet, that's true
My heart is with Merryl her role was amazing, as usual, and yes she has won, but she has been nominated 14 times, is it?, and only won 3 if my memory doesn't deceit me....
I 'm torn, but I'll be happy with a win for either of those three.. :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CuriousLaura said:
I think Kate will win, I mean she won the Golden Globe and they're usually the 'safe' prediction. But I loved Anne Hathaway's role, she hasn't paid her dues yet, that's true
My heart is with Merryl her role was amazing, as usual, and yes she has won, but she has been nominated 14 times, is it?, and only won 3 if my memory doesn't deceit me....
I 'm torn, but I'll be happy with a win for either of those three.. :)
15 nominations, 2 wins. That might go up to 3 tomorrow night (although I am still voting for Kate Winslet).

L

·
Registered
221 Posts
How about anyone other than Angelina Jolie? No?

I think this one is Kate Winslet's, mostly because most people feel like it's due. Meryl Streep was excellent in Doubt, and I would be happy if she won. It's been over twenty years since her last Oscar won.

Anne Hathaway, in my opinion, is also really deserving, but I agree that she might seem a little too green for Academy Voters against Kate Winslet & Meryl Streep. Maybe ten years from now, Rachel Getting Married will be to Anne Hathaway, as Titanic is to Kate Winslet.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sparkplug said:
How about anyone other than Angelina Jolie? No?
How about anyone other than Angelina Jolie, yes! I wouldn't vote for her for best homewrecker, even though she seemed to do a stellar job in that performance.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought Kate was very pretty last night. Her dress looked beautiful and I liked her hair.

L

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Leslie said:
How about anyone other than Angelina Jolie, yes! I wouldn't vote for her for best homewrecker, even though she seemed to do a stellar job in that performance.

L
It really irritated me last night when Jennifer Anniston was on stage as a presenter, and the cameraman switched to a shot of Jolie. What did he expect? A little mud wrestling between the two? :mad: The media should give it a rest. Anniston has been through more than enough without having it all constantly shoved down her throat.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gertiekindle said:
It really irritated me last night when Jennifer Anniston was on stage as a presenter, and the cameraman switched to a shot of Jolie. What did he expect? A little mud wrestling between the two? :mad: The media should give it a rest. Anniston has been through more than enough without having it all constantly shoved down her throat.
Not once, but twice!!

The more I see Brad sitting there and smirking with AJ, the more I think that Jennifer is good to be rid of him, but I am sure it has to hurt, everyday, with "the perfect family" smeared all over the tabloids.

Perfect, my foot. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Leslie said:
Not once, but twice!!

The more I see Brad sitting there and smirking with AJ, the more I think that Jennifer is good to be rid of him, but I am sure it has to hurt, everyday, with "the perfect family" smeared all over the tabloids.

Perfect, my foot. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Couldn't have said it better myself!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts