Kindle Forum banner

What's your vote for Best Supporting Actor at the 81st Annual Academy Awards?

• Josh Brolin in "Milk"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Shannon in "Revolutionary Road"

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone knows how I will vote on this one, but what's your guess?

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They had a sad commentary at the New York Times: after this year of recognition, with this award, it will be time to speak of Heath Ledger in the past tense.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see someone voted for Phillip Seymour Hoffman. If he wins over Heath Ledger -- again -- I'll be very, very upset.

L

·
Registered
139 Posts
Leslie said:
I see someone voted for Phillip Seymour Hoffman. If he wins over Heath Ledger -- again -- I'll be very, very upset.

L
I can't see that happening....I'll protest and march against it if Heath doesn't win... :mad:
who's with me? LOL

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CuriousLaura said:
I can't see that happening....I'll protest and march against it if Heath doesn't win... :mad:
who's with me? LOL
I suppose we can all say we are going to boycott the Oscars but last time I said that, I didn't stick to it. I like watching the show, seeing all the fancy clothes. It's fun and it's a fun night.

Besides, Heath is going to win. This is the one statuette I am sure of and it makes me sad because he should have picked it up in person 3 years ago.

L

·
Registered
221 Posts
Robert Downey Jr was awesome in Tropic Thunder, but because his supporting role was in a Ben Stiller movie, he's the long-shot. I would be very surprised if Heath Ledger isn't named the winner tomorrow night.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I wonder if people are voting for Heath because he passed away? He did a pretty good job but still.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Oh I'm so glad he won the Oscar!!  Like many I'm sure, I was in tears.  I wish he was still here to receive it himself, and yes, I believe he would have won either way.  Well deserved.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was wonderful that his family was there to receive the award.

L

1 - 15 of 15 Posts