Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that a lot of us have our 2nd gen Kindle's we're just so used to reading on them. But remember that feeling we all had when we finished our FIRST book on our first eReader (at least most of us it was our first) Kindle.

So lets think back, what was the first book you read start to finish on your kindle? Is there an interesting story behind it? Were you forced? Were you laughed at? Were your friends and family supporting :p?

Me?

I'm an early adopter of technology, so I was excited to try it out.

I reread my all time favorite fun-to-read-sci-fi Ender's Game. I probably finished it in a few days. I really couldn't put my Kindle down and people, seemed to look at me funny when I was reading in public (that is, only when I noticed, when my eyes glanced up from the page).

Now, of course, it's much more well known an popular, and people usually just ask me if I like reading it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Err, it was Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher. :-[ Don't laugh! I saw her one-woman play and wanted to hear more dirt. Sadly, the book didn't provide anymore insight than her play...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine was The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson on my KK. I had gotten the book as one of Tor's free ebooks they were sending out as a promotion to them releasing a new content site. Since this was the guy tapped to finish the Wheel of Time, I was really curious to see what he could offer. Thankfully it was an excellent book and makes me feel confidant in his capabilities to wrap up The Wheel of Time.

·
Registered
723 Posts
First Kindle first book right now.

Robert Parkers:
High Profile.

I have the hard cover and was about 1/3 into it when my K2 came so I downloaded the book to finish it.
2 more evenings and I will be done.

I am just a little new K owner...
Not like all the other grown ups.

But I wanted to share.
Next book on the K!

Sonny Barger: Hell's Angel!

Eric

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb. Just got my K2 on Tuesday and have already devoured a book. I am sooooo happy with this belated Christmas present :)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
it was Midnight's Daughter by Karen Chance
. Loved it. It runs along side Karen's other seres, the cassie palmer. They include some of the same characters, you get to see a different sides of the character, which I found interesting. includes a couple laughs. I recommend this to Vicki Pettersson, Kim Harrison, and Charlaine Harris fans. I'm just waiting for the next book to come out.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was working my way through Stephen King's Dark Tower series again when my Kindle came in. I immediately purchased Song of Susannah and The Dark Tower. Technically those were my first two reads though I kinda view the whole DT series as one big tome.

Also, that would make Wolves of the Calla (DT 5) the last pbook I read over the past 14-15 months. I haven't looked back.

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Elijsha said:
I'm waiting to read that, too - enjoy it? Too bad it's $12.57 yet!

·
Registered
224 Posts
r0b0d0c, i liked it, gives you great insight into why bill is bill.

oh and i got it for 9.99 so i think it'll come back down.

·
Registered
392 Posts
A Clive Cussler book - Treasure of Khan. Very good Dirk Pitt book.

·
Registered
47 Posts
LOLOL...Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons. It's short, but a pretty good story. Odd that it became a movie.

I've not seen the movie yet.

--Rhodna

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just got my Kindle today, and I haven't finished anything yet, but I am currently reading:

MCSE: Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure Design Study Guide: Exam 70-297 (I need to recertify myself.)
Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time Volume I
The Gunslinger [The Dark Tower I]

I am splitting time between all three since my brain needs time to process the hard learning (MCSE) and the soft learning (Poker stragety) I am using the fiction to allow my mind to take breaks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, which I had been putting off reading for many years.

I got my Kindle last week and I'm about 2/3 of the way through it - just started Book the Third. It's not looking good at the moment for Mr Darnay.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts