Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies, please tell me where you'd wear this. I'm guessing to an event that doesn't involve sitting, right?

My favorite part of the dress (is it a dress?) is the refreshing slice of giant orange on her head. Nice garnish!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,324 Posts
Practicality is never considered in Haute Couture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,391 Posts
Have you seen Venus Williams' tennis outfit for this year's Wimbledon? While it's much more practical for sitting, standing, running, whatever than the OP's dress, I still can't help wondering what was she thinking? I can't help wanting to giggle when I see it, as it reminds me of cheesy "B" movies featuring ancient Greek temple priestesses doing some silly dance. :)



But I'm a guy -- so what do I know about fashion?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,169 Posts
I saw a story online somewhere about a fashion show in which three models fell down trying to walk in the idiotic outfits they were wearing. That about sums up the fashion world for me.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,458 Posts
NogDog said:
Have you seen Venus Williams' tennis outfit for this year's Wimbledon? While it's much more practical for sitting, standing, running, whatever than the OP's dress, I still can't help wondering what was she thinking? I can't help wanting to giggle when I see it, as it reminds me of cheesy "B" movies featuring ancient Greek temple priestesses doing some silly dance. :)



But I'm a guy -- so what do I know about fashion?
I gather she was roundly excoriated for her fashion choice on the chat shows in the UK.

Honestly, I don't think the outfit is that bad. It looks quite practical, in fact, for the game as she plays it.

And it looks like the sort of thing one can get off pretty quick when one needs to pee. . . . . ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Oh my gosh.  A hat dress.  Scary shoes from hell.  Hat and glasses that well, well, I don't know what to say about that other than it simply doesn't make sense.  I kinda like the new tennis outfit.  Looks comfy and easy to move int.  
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,458 Posts
Tippy said:
I kinda like the new tennis outfit. Looks comfy and easy to move int.
Exactly: At some point comfort and being able to move starts factoring a lot higher when picking clothes. And shoes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,391 Posts
Tippy said:
Oh my gosh. A hat dress. Scary shoes from hell. Hat and glasses that well, well, I don't know what to say about that other than it simply doesn't make sense. I kinda like the new tennis outfit. Looks comfy and easy to move int.
I couldn't find a good photo that really showed off the "toga party" look it has from certain angles. ;) It does look comfy and practical, it just looks "wrong" to me. But like I said, nobody has ever accused me of being a fashion genius.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
I LOVE all things fashion, but the couture stuff baffles me.  I can appreciate it from an artistic standpoint, but other than that - NO ONE is wearing that dress anywhere but the runway.  What's the point?! 

I actually like Venus' outfit.....

Those anchors were hilarious!  I just kept wondering how that model didn't break her ankles!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,391 Posts
Jen said:
I LOVE all things fashion, but the couture stuff baffles me. I can appreciate it from an artistic standpoint, but other than that - NO ONE is wearing that dress anywhere but the runway. What's the point?!...
I think the point is just to get noticed; to get the designer's name out there in the various media, so that they can then sell their more practical clothing at prices ten or twenty times what you'd pay otherwise (not you specifically, but those who feel the need -- and hopefully have the wherewithal -- to spend that sort of money on clothing).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
874 Posts
NapCat said:
Ha-ha! I remember watching the anchors cracking up live on TV. I tried to hold my composure too, like the woman anchor, but after they kept repeating the video clip...I busted out laughing too.:) Watching the two male anchors cracking up also helped push it over. I mean it's probably the most embarrassing moment for that model, but it's the second fall that you just can't help but laugh.:) I never thought I would see these anchors cracking up to this video clip, again. Thanks NapCat.:)

Tris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
Tris said:
Ha-ha! I remember watching the anchors cracking up live on TV. I tried to hold my composure too, like the woman anchor, but after they kept repeating the video clip...I busted out laughing too.:) Watching the two male anchors cracking up also helped push it over. I mean it's probably the most embarrassing moment for that model, but it's the second fall that you just can't help but laugh.:) I never thought I would see these anchors cracking up to this video clip, again. Thanks NapCat.:)

Tris
And once Jim Vance starts laughing, it's all over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
Jeff Tompkins said:
Here's something you could wear and not have to worry about someone else wearing the same thing:

Don't let Princess Beatrice see that!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top