Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't be the only happy Kindle owner using Calibre to organize my books, but I haven't seen anything here about it. Sorry if this is duplicate information!

Calibre is an easy to use e-book library. It allows for organization by author, series, tags of your own making, etc. It's like iTunes for e-books. It is donation-ware, and has versions for Macs, Windows, and Linux.

Even better, it does e-book file conversions to MOBI, LRF, and EPUB without modifying the original file. I can have it convert a HTML book folder, with numerous images, into a MOBI file with all the pics where they belong. I can convert a LIT book to a MOBI book. I can convert an RTF book to a MOBI book. I can have it convert all these books again into the LRF format for my husband's Sony PRS 505. Who could ask for more?

Obviously it cannot convert any books with DRM, but it's a great aid in making sure you can read all the public domain books out there. http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
eh. Personally I'd be happy if I could find just 1 application that does all the converting I need. caliber does not convert my word files, so I have to use mobipocket creator for that. 

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Rasputina said:
eh. Personally I'd be happy if I could find just 1 application that does all the converting I need. caliber does not convert my word files, so I have to use mobipocket creator for that.
You could re-save your Word files as RTF files and then use Calibre to convert them.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
We have a couple of threads on Calibre, and several happy users, including me.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Love this program.  ;D It lets you change books' metadata, even the ones bought from Amazon. So it's really useful for books that belong to a series.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts