Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been discussed already, but I didn't see it. My question is what size light wedge works best with the Kindle? I would like to order one while they are in stock, but want to get the correct size. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I have both and used the original size for several months. Now I have the paperback size and prefer it. Just make sure you use the little plastic rest thingy to prop it on the kindle.

Actually, I've been using the Mighty Bright for the last few weeks and REALLY like it. It's the best light I've had.

Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Clip-On Light (Black, Kindle Compatible)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I have the Mighty Brite and I was hoping the Light Wedge didn't put out as much light. The Mighty Brite, even on the lowest setting, tends to bother DH. The Light Wedge looked to be a little dimmer. Any thoughts on that???

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Yep, the Lightwedge isn't as bright. That's why I had it to begin with. I think the original is a little brighter than the paperback size.

The only issue I had with the Lightwedge was changing out the batteries. They're SO hard to switch out.  I tend to fall asleep reading so I was switching them out about every 10-12 days. That's why I gave in and got the Mighty Bright.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions! I'm not usually wishy washy, but was having a tough time. I ordered the paperback size. It should get here about the same time as K2!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I too was curious about the light wedge, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Harvey! If anyone is looking though, go to Amazon and search lightwedge. There are several choices of the same item and they are all different prices. I got the paperback size for under $20 with shipping. ;D

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's hard to tell from the photos on their website.  Does this sit on top of the page (Kindle) and you have to hold it in place, or does it clip somehow? 

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Yorkie Lady said:
It's hard to tell from the photos on their website. Does this sit on top of the page (Kindle) and you have to hold it in place, or does it clip somehow?
There's a little adapter, wedge type rest thingy that you slide onto it. Then it will sit right on top of the kindle. (I have no clue what it's called, but it works REALLY good).

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Arrggghhhhh!! I ordered the Lightwedge. Amazon always sends via USPS if I don't pay for fast shipping. So, I had the order sent to my PO Box as USPS does not deliver to my physical address. Well, I guess I am new with ordering things from Amazon. I didn't realize some items are shipped from other companies. The one shipping my Lightwedge used UPS. I am not positive, but I don't think UPS will deliver to a PO Box. Anyone have any experience with this issue? I am trying to decide if I need to be on the phone with someone to resolve this or if I should just give it a few days and see if it works itself out. I mean, surely the company I bought the Lightwedge from would not be able to UPS to a PO Box if UPS won't deliver?????

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Thanks! I also was wondering how it would fit together. I guess I will have to look into a light wedge.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks so much for the picture! How heavy does it feel? What type of batteries does it use? I am trying to decide between the light wedge and the Mighty Bright.

Vicki

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
It is really light weight. It has a ledge that you slide on the top and that helps anchor it there. The light is not very bright, but ok for reading. If you put it on the left side over the big turn button and use the smaller left turn button it work really well. It takes 4 ea AAA batteries. They seem to last a long time. You do have to take care of it. It is hard to clean. Get their cleaner it works best. I like it or reading in bed and it doesn't bother my DH at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have several lights but personally prefer the mighty bright...that being said-
The person who had questions on shipping via POB. I only have POB delivery.  UPS does one of two things. If Bob my friendly UPS driver is the delivery people (regular route), he knows me and delivers it to my house.  Any other delivery person drops it at the post office.  DHL doesn't come here AT all so it gets dropped to Postal service half way through the delivery process.  Never have had a package go back. Wish you luck

·
Registered
684 Posts
Thanks! I also was wondering how it would fit together. I guess I will have to look into a light wedge.
I found my paperback sized Lightwedge at Borders for $29.95. I have also found the same Lightwedge at Barnes and Noble for $26.95 and at Wal-Mart by the Eye Care Department for $24.95. At Wal-Mart, it was on a stand with contact lens cases, etc. outside the department.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts