Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a thread about cover art on the Amazon Kindle board. And I thought, wouldn't it be cool if you had the option to put your K to sleep with the cover art of whatever your currently reading as the screensaver? It would be like having the book sitting right there. This would also give more purpose for including the cover art when you buy it!

I have to say, I think this IMHO, this is a great idea and I would like to send it to Amazon. I remember seeing a post somewhere, of where you can send them suggestions? Anyone have this info?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Octochick said:
I was reading a thread about cover art on the Amazon Kindle board. And I thought, wouldn't it be cool if you had the option to put your K to sleep with the cover art of whatever your currently reading as the screensaver? It would be like having the book sitting right there. This would also give more purpose for including the cover art when you buy it!

I have to say, I think this IMHO, this is a great idea and I would like to send it to Amazon. I remember seeing a post somewhere, of where you can send them suggestions? Anyone have this info?
[email protected]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Octochick said:
I was reading a thread about cover art on the Amazon Kindle board. And I thought, wouldn't it be cool if you had the option to put your K to sleep with the cover art of whatever your currently reading as the screensaver? It would be like having the book sitting right there. This would also give more purpose for including the cover art when you buy it!

I have to say, I think this IMHO, this is a great idea and I would like to send it to Amazon. I remember seeing a post somewhere, of where you can send them suggestions? Anyone have this info?
You could also do it yourself. Take a screenshot of the cover (assuming the book you are reading includes it. Many do). Alt-Shift-G. Then save the file and put it in your custom screensavers folder (I know you've done that).

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
Octochick said:
I was reading a thread about cover art on the Amazon Kindle board. And I thought, wouldn't it be cool if you had the option to put your K to sleep with the cover art of whatever your currently reading as the screensaver? It would be like having the book sitting right there. This would also give more purpose for including the cover art when you buy it!
And if you are currently reading 4-5 different books you would have the cover images rotate like regular screen savers do? That would even help me to remember which books are currently 'in progress.' My contents menu is organized by author and about ten pages long so sometimes I forget which titles I've already started reading. I like to have one fiction and several nonfiction going at the same time. Does anyone else read numerous books concurrently???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Wisteria Clematis said:
And if you are currently reading 4-5 different books you would have the cover images rotate like regular screen savers do? That would even help me to remember which books are currently 'in progress.' My contents menu is organized by author and about ten pages long so sometimes I forget which titles I've already started reading. I like to have one fiction and several nonfiction going at the same time. Does anyone else read numerous books concurrently???
Yes, I do!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
Wisteria Clematis said:
And if you are currently reading 4-5 different books you would have the cover images rotate like regular screen savers do? That would even help me to remember which books are currently 'in progress.' My contents menu is organized by author and about ten pages long so sometimes I forget which titles I've already started reading. I like to have one fiction and several nonfiction going at the same time. Does anyone else read numerous books concurrently???
Before Gertie K, I always read several books at once. A book in nearly every room, one in my car and one at work. Once I got Gertie, I was determined not start a new book until I finished the current book. I thought this would keep me from one-clicking my way into the poorhouse. And it worked ... until I found Kindle Boards. Just too many good recommendations, so I'm going to have to go back to reading several at a time in order to keep up. What a hardship ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Wisteria Clematis said:
And if you are currently reading 4-5 different books you would have the cover images rotate like regular screen savers do? That would even help me to remember which books are currently 'in progress.' My contents menu is organized by author and about ten pages long so sometimes I forget which titles I've already started reading. I like to have one fiction and several nonfiction going at the same time. Does anyone else read numerous books concurrently???
LOL, I do!!! The only way to keep track of which books were started, that I know of, is the little dots under the title :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
chynared21 said:
LOL, I do!!! The only way to keep track of which books were started, that I know of, is the little dots under the title :)
I rely on the dots, too... but I also sort by most current so those books are always at the top of my page. I think I would like to have book covers as screensavers, too... I also like the personalize ones like Octochick did with the photo of her dad (or maybe it was her grandad). I've been thinking about using photos of the grandkids.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,474 Posts
Wow!  Old thread back to the front.  I suppose in some way Amazon has given us this ability now with the newer Kindles.  If you use the cover view option instead of the list and always go back to the home page when you end a current reading session, the cover of your current book will show every time you go to access it again.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,459 Posts
crebel said:
Wow! Old thread back to the front. I suppose in some way Amazon has given us this ability now with the newer Kindles. If you use the cover view option instead of the list and always go back to the home page when you end a current reading session, the cover of your current book will show every time you go to access it again.
I do that in list mode too...by sorting by most recent.

Betsy
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top