Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm interested in the lightwedge. What size is Kindle appropriate? I don't want mine to be too big or unwieldy. Also, how do you read with your lightwedge/Kindle? I can't quite wrap my head around it, so all you Lightwedge users can enlighten me! (no pun intended!)

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
I also use the Lightwedge and love it. Here's a pic of mine:

I use the paperback version with my stock cover; the corners of the lightwedge fit into the corner pieces of the cover. I have to be careful not to squeeze it; I try to hold it just by the cover.

Betsy

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I just bought the Lightwedge this weekend and love it. I bought the paperback size and it fits perfectly. It actually helps me hold the kindle easier and there is no glare at all.

Kathy

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
If you have this light, do you need your bedside light also? If not I am purchasing one.

Thanks
I would try it first and see how you like it. It works great for me, and is perfect in that I needed something that would disturb my hubby, who is very light sensitive. However, others have said it is not enough light. I had bought the Mighty Bright before I realized the Lightwedge, which I already had, would work. Now the Mighty Bright is a grilling and/or sewing light

There is always time to buy more accessories!

Betsy

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love my Lightwedge.  A little more expensive than some of the other booklights available, but they're by far the best book lights I've ever used.  They will fully illuminate whatever your reading w/out an additional light so you'll be able to read alongside your hubby w/out disturbing him.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Harvey said:
Wasn't sure what these were until I read this post. Here's a pic (and link) for the original LightWedge:

Oooh they come in colors now....may be able to justify getting the Hardback size now...pretty

Betsy
who is fascinated by shiny objects

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I just bought the paperback size and like it. It fits across the screen perfectly. I have the orginal cover, so I put the lightwedge on the right hand side of the Kindle and the glass slides into the corners of the cover, which helps keep it steady. I also attached the paperguide to the top and it helps keep it from slipping down. On the left of the screen is the Previous and also a Next button, so I just use those to turn the pages. I like the way that the light is distributed better than using the clip on flex lights.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I'm going to get one of these. They look like just what I need.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've had one of these and they work really well with DTBs. I'm just worried about a glare. I know if I have the slightest glare, my (semi made up) OCD will not allow me to read. That's what I really like about the lightwedge.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
1 - 20 of 61 Posts