Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at one of my books today and all the Likes and reviews were gone--but the tags were back (on just that one book)! Then just a little while later the tags were gone again and the Likes and reviews were back. Anyone else experience this or have any idea what happened?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
As far as I have seen my Kindle novels have consistently had the Likes (which are utterly stupid) and Reviews, but no tags.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Jon Olson said:
Tags should go away forever. They're too easy to game.
I agree with this to a point, but it is one advantage we have over trad pubs (they tend to not bother with tags). Plus, they can be manipulated, but we're all free to do it so it evens things out. Adding tag words into our descriptions may be a work-around for this...has anyone considered adding a tag cloud? I might try it...

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
I have

1) Likes,
2) reviews,
3) percent who bought,
4) no tags.

One of my machines also has a new feature at the bottom of the page that looks like Also Boughts. It's titled "Customers Who Highlighted This Item Also Highlighted..." It started about a week ago and has been growing.

What does "Highlighted" mean? How do I highlight something?

Tag cloud? What's that?

·
Registered
977 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi Ann and everybody,

I also noticed my tags disappeared the other day. They were there one minute and then poof they were gone!

Reussie

·
Registered
338 Posts
Did people game the tag system? Sure. But it was a useful tool for indies and I hate to see it go. Can't help but feel amazon is hurting themselves, though. No matter how they rig the site, a $20 e-book from a traditional publisher is still at a disadvantage to a book of more reasonably priced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts