Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[amazonsearch]Does the Limited-Time Offers in the Kindle Store mean that the price offer is limited or that the access to the book at that price is limited?

I bought a book that was free from the Limited-Time Offers section and started to read it, when I went to go back to read it - it was gone. When I searched for it now it cost $$$. I guess I need clarification...

·
Super Moderator
67,647 Posts
If you bought a Kindle book (even if the price is $0.00 it counts as 'bought') it is in your archive. The price listed might be different now, but that doesn't matter. You neither get a refund if it went down, nor have to pay more if it went up. Check your 'archived items' on the Kindle or go to "Manage Your Kindle". The title should be there and you should be able to re-download it. If it is NOT, then go to your orders, find the order number and contact Kindle Customer Support. I'm sure they'll get you sorted out.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It's important to know that if you're going to add the book to your shopping cart (or your wish list) to buy later. I've had this happen a few times: I go back to my shopping cart in a few days, and find that a "limited time" offer is no longer available, and the price is now higher!

So I really appreciate that Amazon's letting us know...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:)  Thanks!  That is what I thought, but after it disappeared I started to second guess myself.  I tried the customer service site - it wasn't much help, so then I tried to send it back to my Kindle, from my Amazon account, which didn't work.  Then I thought huh - I'll try one last thing - I searched the title on my Kindle and I found it.  It put it back in my archives folder, on my Kindle, then I was able to move it back to the home screen.  

I hope this helps someone else :)

Thanks for the help!

D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.