Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
i'm looking for advice from someone who might have read Lindsey Davis' Marcus Didius Falco series.

i'm interested in trying her books out, unfortunately, the first several aren't available on Kindle and since i'm currently deployed, i'm trying to limit my book purchases to Kindle books, to save on room and weight while travelling.

The books that are available on Kindle from her are:
Two For the Lions
One Virgin Too Many
A Body In the Bathhouse
The Jupiter Myth
The Accusers
Scandal Takes a Holiday
See Delphi and Die
Alexandria
The course of honour.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
The titles look interesting, have not heard of this author, will check them out.

If you go to the "Books Recommended" you will find all kinds of authors, plus Bargain Books and Free Books, you can fill your kindle as much as you want, and might even find some new genres. 

I would highly recommend the Distant Cousin trilogy, In Her Name, the two volume The Treasure of La Malinche and Gone for a Soldier.  Then I am very prejudiced, these are kindleboard authors that I have read and really enjoyed these novels.  Ariana's Price is also quite good, a bodice ripper, historical but fun read is on sale now for 99 cents, a very good bargain.

Thank you for your service, and good luck in whatever you choose to read.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I love Lindsey Davis! I own all of them in hardback, but I'd love to start replacing them with Kindle versions.

None of the titles you listed are from the beginning of the series, but I think you would enjoy them anyway and easily pick up the backstory hints. Her characters are humorous but very real, and make ancient Rome seem like a place you could travel to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts