Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, the day before my book releases is a bit short notice, but I forgot it was thing - when I add my blurb for the paperbacks in KDP, it always removes the blank lines, whereas it keeps them in the Kindle version. Does anyone know how to force those blank lines? I'm thinking html might work, with perhaps < br/ >, but I don't want to try it without being sure and make it look even worse.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah, strange they have still not made the description text formatting the same for each format (it seems to be a hold-over from the CreateSpace form).

= line break
And use two if you want a blank line between paragraphs.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I just enter

between paragraphs. You can do it with ebooks too but in that case you need to make sure there're no line breaks in ebook descriptions, either, otherwise you'll end up with huge breaks between paragraphs. :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would help if there was any indication in the setup stage that html will actually work in the book description - my main concern was that I'd try it and it wouldn't be supported, so my book would be published for the first time with it's blurb full of code.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts