Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always been frustrated that when I request from the publishers that a book be made available in the Kindle format that the only way that I can tell if this was done was to constantly check back with Amazon. It seemed to me an easy matter for Amazon, and would certainly be in their best interest, to develop a system whereby whenever someone made such a request as above they would be automatically Emailed a notification that the book is now available for purchase.

Well officially Amazon still does not have such a system but an employee at Amazon has seen the need and has taken it upon themselves to develop such as system. This is an employee who not only has fulfilled a much needed niche but I am assuming that Amazon will profit handsomely when the system becomes more known to the consumers. Kudos to this employee and it is my hope that the forsight and extreme initiative that this person has demonstrated is ultimately recognized within the Amazon organization

I wish I could take credit for discovering this link but I cannot. I discovered this link through the "Amazon.com Kindle discussion forum". According to the source the link works wonderfully (she states she has been appropriately notified when a book has become available). The system is free. Here is the website: http://oscurapress.com/mysteria/cgi-bin/mysteria.cgi

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
ghum said:
I have always been frustrated that when I request from the publishers that a book be made available in the Kindle format that the only way that I can tell if this was done was to constantly check back with Amazon. It seemed to me an easy matter for Amazon, and would certainly be in their best interest, to develop a system whereby whenever someone made such a request as above they would be automatically Emailed a notification that the book is now available for purchase.

Well officially Amazon still does not have such a system but an employee at Amazon has seen the need and has taken it upon themselves to develop such as system. This is an employee who not only has fulfilled a much needed niche but I am assuming that Amazon will profit handsomely when the system becomes more known to the consumers. Kudos to this employee and it is my hope that the forsight and extreme initiative that this person has demonstrated is ultimately recognized within the Amazon organization

I wish I could take credit for discovering this link but I cannot. I discovered this link through the "Amazon.com Kindle discussion forum". According to the source the link works wonderfully (she states she has been appropriately notified when a book has become available). The system is free. Here is the website: http://oscurapress.com/mysteria/cgi-bin/mysteria.cgi
Ghum, please post this in the I Want This Book on Kindle sticky post in the Book Corner! Plus, I'm going to add it to the Book Lovers Links sticky post also in the Book Corner! Thanks!

Betsy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Betsy,
I think I re-posted this thread in the "book corner" area as you had requested but please confirm if I did what you had wanted.  If not, please advise how to do this.  Hope this info has been helpful to all "kindlers".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts