Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good idea. 

I love using the link maker.  It's easy and it makes me look smarter.  :)

Did you know it works in other forums?  I've posted book links in other forums.  It is my sneaky attempt to get us even more revenue.  :)(I hope it works out that way)

·
Super Moderator
67,326 Posts
Now, Vamp, we frown on posting links here that let other forums get the commission; I'd expect other forums might have a similar concern. If they have affiliate arrangements themselves, we don't want them thinking we're trying to steal their business. . . . .

Ann

·
Super Moderator
67,326 Posts
Vampyre said:
The linkmaker uses the KB address so I think we still get it.
Exactly. . . and if they have an affiliate arrangement themselves they may not like that. . . .just be careful; don't want you getting in trouble. . . . :)

Ann

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think I'll get into any trouble.   Both places I use  are way smaller than here and I am even more well known there than I am here and they like me to.  I wish I was so likeable in person.  :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
Now, Vamp, we frown on posting links here that let other forums get the commission; I'd expect other forums might have a similar concern. If they have affiliate arrangements themselves, we don't want them thinking we're trying to steal their business. . . . .

Ann
I don't believe Amazon pays affiliate commissions on Kindle books...

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Kindleboards gets commissions on all items sold through affiliate links, including Kindle books, accessories and non Kindle items as long as the buyer gets there through one of our links here, either the item specific links, the Amazon links in the header and footer, or through Amazon search links in posts here.  Harvey uses the funds to keep us running, to pay for the recent move to a new private server space, for our giveaways and to generally make this place the great community it is!

Betsy

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
So...you get the commission for anything I buy as long as I get to Amazon through your link? Then I will make sure to go through you when I buy from them! I always get my books through here!

·
Registered
106 Posts
MAGreen said:
So...you get the commission for anything I buy as long as I get to Amazon through your link? Then I will make sure to go through you when I buy from them! I always get my books through here!
I do the same, although a lot of times I will download a sample based on recommendations here and then if I like the sample, I buy the book later. I wish Amazon was that smart to remember that I got the sample based on KB's links and then gives KB credit for the sale, but somehow I doubt it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Kindleboards gets commissions on all items sold through affiliate links, including Kindle books, accessories and non Kindle items as long as the buyer gets there through one of our links here, either the item specific links, the Amazon links in the header and footer, or through Amazon search links in posts here. Harvey uses the funds to keep us running, to pay for the recent move to a new private server space, for our giveaways and to generally make this place the great community it is!

Betsy
Thanks for the info! I will definitely click through here, then. Didn't think they paid affiliates for downloads...

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Kindleboards thanks everyone for their support!!!  The affiliates program have allowed Harvey to upgrade our service and have prizes for our contests!  You all are the best!

No, Amazon doesn't remember where the samples were ordered through, so you need to come back to KBoards to order the book.

Also, sometimes I find a book on Amazon that I want to buy.  So, I come back to KBoards and post a link, usually in the Bargain book thread, because I'm cheap, or in the recommended book thread, or another thread, so that I can order through KBoards and share the wealth with others.

OR you can go directly to Amazon through one of the links at the top or bottom of the board and then search for the book.

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Of course, KBoards' percentage commission off a free book is 0.   ;D

I'm going to be splitting the discussion of KBoards' affiliate commission off from this thread as we try to keep it lean and mean, but the info is good, so I'm not going to just delete them.

Betsy

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Kindleboards thanks everyone for their support!!! The affiliates program have allowed Harvey to upgrade our service and have prizes for our contests! You all are the best!

No, Amazon doesn't remember where the samples were ordered through, so you need to come back to KBoards to order the book.

Also, sometimes I find a book on Amazon that I want to buy. So, I come back to KBoards and post a link, usually in the Bargain book thread, because I'm cheap, or in the recommended book thread, or another thread, so that I can order through KBoards and share the wealth with others.

OR you can go directly to Amazon through one of the links at the top or bottom of the board and then search for the book.

Betsy
WOO HOO guys! Thanks for all your support! A new server and prizes, doesn't get much better than that. :-* :-*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts