Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want some insight here.
When reading on your K1 or K2, do you listen to music?
If so, what kind - a particular genre or specific performer?
And do you use the MP3 player built in to the Kindle?  Or do you use an external MP3 player? Or a CD player?
Or do you listen to the radio?
Or do you just read au naturale?

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I'll go first.
I do listen to music while reading, most of the time.
I have  playlist that consists of much of the Pure Moods 1 albumn, some Fleetwood Mac, some Nora Jones, some Enya, some Fiona Boyd (fab classical guitarist), some Eric Clapton, some James Taylor and some Eva Cassidy.
I have some of the music on the K2, but the space and selectivity is to limited.
So I mostly use my Microsoft Zune - with 30 gigs a lot of space (can also play MP4s).  And Sennheiser headset.
I use the Zune and the K2 a lot on the Wash DC mertro so it allows me to enjoy my commute.
So..... How about you?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I usually do not listen to music while I'm reading.....usually the tv is on in the background. However I do listen to music occasionally. I listen to country, light rock, and R&B- no particular genre in general. It's usually just whatever is on the radio at the moment or what's on my Itunes.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I do listen to music while reading. I have some celtic music CDs that I got from here (Celtic Dreams is my favorite):

http://www.lifescapesmusic.com/Default.aspx?sid=c218a4ce-7bd5-44be-9fe7-41005d274dc2

I keep the 4 CDs on my Kindle, just in case, but I usually use my ipod (now iphone) for everyday use. I have a pair of Bose in-ear earphones that I really enjoy and I got a pair of the Zagg earphones for a pretty good price on Amazon. They're not as good as the Bose, but they have a microphone, so I can use them with my iphone.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I normally do not listen to music, nor do I have the TV on.  The TV is too distracting for me.  If I do listen I tend to listen to Norah Jones, Jack Johnson, Amos Lee. 

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Usually the TV is on one of my hubby's stupid shows.  I can easily tune them out to read!!!

If I do listen to music, it is on my iPhone or iTunes.  I have a playlist I created with 70's and 80's stuff.  That playlist brings a smile to my face whenever I listen!!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
right now all i have on my kindle is Chopin's sonata for the piano no 2, nocturne for the piano no 15, 18, 13, and some of his other works. just switched my music. If I want to listen to anything else I have my zune

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
geoffthomas said:
OK, I'll go first.
I do listen to music while reading, most of the time.
I have playlist that consists of much of the Pure Moods 1 albumn, some Fleetwood Mac, some Nora Jones, some Enya, some Fiona Boyd (fab classical guitarist), some Eric Clapton, some James Taylor and some Eva Cassidy.
I have some of the music on the K2, but the space and selectivity is to limited.
So I mostly use my Microsoft Zune - with 30 gigs a lot of space (can also play MP4s). And Sennheiser headset.
I use the Zune and the K2 a lot on the Wash DC mertro so it allows me to enjoy my commute.
So..... How about you?
I listen to music when reading... see in my signature :) plus all of the artists you have listed Geoff. Use my iPod. If I am reading a book that is deep I have to forget the music though.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Right now I have some Michael Franks on my K2, before that it was John Williams. Jazz and classical, there you go!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I find I can't read and listen to music. The music distracts me from what I am reading.
So, the IPod is for housecleaning and/or walking outside.
The Kindle is for reading.

patrisha

·
Registered
123 Posts
Classical music, and only certain songs.  I have a playlist with mainly violin and flute. I cannot read to sonatas or any piano music. I'm odd that way.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I listen to my MP3 player while I read if my DH is watching something that I don't care for on tv. I prefer listening to classical music and chant. I also really like to listen to nature sounds while I read, something like oceans or storms or waterfalls.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Generally the tv is on in the background while I am reading during the day. Sometimes it is music from XM (60s, 70s, Classic Vinyl, The Message) or whatever my hubby is composing (he writes music when he is not writting code).

At night, I am either listening to the tv in the backgroud, nothing at all (during the week) or hubby snoring (weekends).

I have never used the MP3 feature on the Kindle and I don't listen to my MP3 player while reading. For some reason having my MP3 player going directly into my ears causes me to concentrate on the music and the reading stops... I can't seem to read and sing at the same time!!  :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts