Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am overjoyed to have found this forum! I knew better but listed my ebook on Ingram. Thanks to this forum, I was able to have my ebook taken down. I also just removed my ebook from Smashwords.

Does anyone know how long I should wait to list my book on KDP?

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can publish an ebook on there as soon as you want, but I’d suggest waiting a month at least to join the exclusive KDP Select program and running promos because it takes time for the various distributors to pull your book from retailers. I did this once 8 years ago, pulling my work from Smashwords to go on KDP. I didn’t wait long enough, thinking just asking Smashwords was enough, but I received an email from KDP about breaking the exclusivity clause because Barnes & Noble didn’t remove it fast enough. I‘d suggest that you Google your book title and make absolutely sure it isn’t available anywhere else first.

Here’s an article about someone else’s experience with that: How To Unpublish And Delete An Ebook On Draft2Digital Or Smashwords

·
Registered
Writing the next books in my Martin Billings series.
613 Posts
You can publish an ebook on there as soon as you want, but I’d suggest waiting a month at least to join the exclusive KDP Select program and running promos because it takes time for the various distributors to pull your book from retailers. I did this once 8 years ago, pulling my work from Smashwords to go on KDP. I didn’t wait long enough, thinking just asking Smashwords was enough, but I received an email from KDP about breaking the exclusivity clause because Barnes & Noble didn’t remove it fast enough. I‘d suggest that you Google your book title and make absolutely sure it isn’t available anywhere else first.

Here’s an article about someone else’s experience with that: How To Unpublish And Delete An Ebook On Draft2Digital Or Smashwords
You don't need to wait to put the book on KDP, Get it published and enroll in Select down the road. KDP is NOT exclusive. Kindle Unlimited (Select) is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts