Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I see a lot of authors talking in various threads about what spot their book occupies on various lists.

The only thing I can find on mine is that it's #90,310 Paid in Kindle Store (as of this writing). I can't see what number it is on horror lists, or fiction books or any of these others.

I guess I could go through each list manually looking for my book, but it seems there should be a better and easier way to find this. There's a lot of information out there for Amazon authors, and it's poorly organized, for the most part.

If you can tell me where to find the book's list-specific ranking, I'd greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The only list I ever feature on (on amazon.co.uk) is gay fiction! I've been number 1 several times. Which is bizarre since my novel isn't gay fiction. OK, I have a possibly-gay character, but it's a thriller, not gay-lit.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
At first I thought it was tags, but now I'm not sure. I think it may be some internal algorithm that picks up on certain keywords in the text. My book has drug abuse in it too and I'm on a couple of (presumably non-fiction) social issues/drugs abuse lists.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.