Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a short story up on Amazon.com which is marked as live in the KDP Bookshelf, but which still doesn't have a description for it on Amazon?  Everything else I have published has come up with the description well before the publication was marked as live.

Anyone else seen this?

thanks

Mike

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Give it a few days.

I've had my books show up without cover art, lacking descriptions, no links to author ... you name it.

It's frustrating for a few days but patience pays dividends.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
The different parts of your book's page come from a variety of servers. Cover might be on one, blurb on another, price on another, etc. And there are probably multiple servers for each of these so traffic can get routed as quickly as possible. The result is all this stuff has to get propagated from your input to a bunch of servers all over the country and world. Each server will get updated with your data at a different time, and it gradually begins to appear on screen.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Agree with the above - it can sometimes take a few days for all the different pieces to fall into place. If it's making you crazy, though, just drop Amazon a line. I've found them very good and very fast at addressing any issues you might have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts