Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone!
Here are this week's questions.  You can start reading chapters 4 through 6.  rofl, if you've already read chapters 4 through 6 because you couldn't stop yourself, you can breeze through them as a refresher.  Our chat will be tomorrow night, March 4,  at 9 pm Eastern.  If you live west of the eastern time zone, please subtract one hour for every time zone (that will put you lucky readers in Hawaii starting at 4 pm.).  See you then!

1.  Sookie says, "Only Bill's determined entry into the vampire self-governing system had kept me safe..." In hindsight, do you think that is true?  Or a lie told by Bill to tie Sookie more closely to him?  (Please try to hold ways you would like Bill to die to a minimum in your answers.)  ;D  (There will be a much better time and place to discuss those.  Or we'll hold a special chat session.  I promise.)

2.  Why does Bill always want Sookie to look extra pretty ("do him proud") when they go to Fangtasia?  Do you think this is wise on Bill's part?  Is he playing with fire?  Do you think anyone else appreciates the effort?  And is Bill objectifying Sookie beyond all believability?

3.  Terry Bellefluer describes Sookes as a "sweet little eclair on the outside and a pit bull on the inside."  Do you agree with his statement?

4.  Do you think the Maenad was really responsible for Bill and Sookie's argument?  Do you think it was just a lover's quarrel?  Do you think it was divine intervention?  Did you think it was funny that Sookie flipped bill the bird after their argument in the car?  Do you wish she had flipped him a flaming stake instead?  Do you think either of them over-reacted?

5.  Sookie says "Maybe there really were fairies at the bottom of the garden, a phrase I remember from a song my grandmother had sung when she hung the clothes on the line."  Given the presence of the Maenad and her dog that's probably not a dog, do you have any other thoughts about fairies in the garden?

·
Registered
695 Posts
1. Sookie says, "Only Bill's determined entry into the vampire self-governing system had kept me safe..." In hindsight, do you think that is true? Or a lie told by Bill to tie Sookie more closely to him? (Please try to hold ways you would like Bill to die to a minimum in your answers.) (There will be a much better time and place to discuss those. Or we'll hold a special chat session. I promise.) Hmm ... good question, I hadn't considered wether or not that was the case yet and will hold off judgement for now.

2. Why does Bill always want Sookie to look extra pretty ("do him proud") when they go to Fangtasia? Do you think this is wise on Bill's part? Is he playing with fire? Do you think anyone else appreciates the effort? And is Bill objectifying Sookie beyond all believability? I think he likes it when she dresses up but he also wants others to be envious. I don't think it's very wise considering the 'elder' vampires and their attraction to her, he is definately playing with fire.
3. Terry Bellefluer describes Sookes as a "sweet little eclair on the outside and a pit bull on the inside." Do you agree with his statement? Yes and no, I think that she is starting to let her inner pit bull out but doesn't do it nearly enough.

4. Do you think the Maenad was really responsible for Bill and Sookie's argument? Do you think it was just a lover's quarrel? Do you think it was divine intervention? Did you think it was funny that Sookie flipped bill the bird after their argument in the car? Do you wish she had flipped him a flaming stake instead? Do you think either of them over-reacted? No, I don't think it was the Maenad that caused the argument, I think it was just a lovers quarrel with Bill making a typical clueless man comment (no offense men). Of course, my opinion may change as we learn more about these supernatural creatures. I did think it was funny when she flipped him the bird, I sure cracked up. I don't really think either of them over reacted, I'd probably have been upset if I were her too though wandering alone into the woods would not be the path I'd take.

5. Sookie says "Maybe there really were fairies at the bottom of the garden, a phrase I remember from a song my grandmother had sung when she hung the clothes on the line." Given the presence of the Maenad and her dog that's probably not a dog, do you have any other thoughts about fairies in the garden? I do not.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't really think either of them over reacted, I'd probably have been upset if I were her too though wandering alone into the woods would not be the path I'd take.
I agree with you there. That whole scene, to me, had a "DON'T OPEN THE DOOR, BABYSITTER!" quality to it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
1. Sookie says, "Only Bill's determined entry into the vampire self-governing system had kept me safe..." In hindsight, do you think that is true? Or a lie told by Bill to tie Sookie more closely to him? (Please try to hold ways you would like Bill to die to a minimum in your answers.) (There will be a much better time and place to discuss those. Or we'll hold a special chat session. I promise.) I think he is trying to get himself noticed. I am sure he is not one who is not use to having to answer to someone else. I sure it eats him alive to have to answer to Eric. No matter how old Eric truly is.

2. Why does Bill always want Sookie to look extra pretty ("do him proud") when they go to Fangtasia? Do you think this is wise on Bill's part? Is he playing with fire? Do you think anyone else appreciates the effort? And is Bill objectifying Sookie beyond all believability? Sookie is a very simple soul. She is like a tootsie pop (sweet on the outside with a suprise under the shell). I thin he is trying to flaunt what he has and Eric does not.

3. Terry Bellefluer describes Sookes as a "sweet little eclair on the outside and a pit bull on the inside." Do you agree with his statement? yep. She is sweet but has a bite to her when she needs to put up a fight.

4. Do you think the Maenad was really responsible for Bill and Sookie's argument? I think there is more to her then we have yet to learn. There is just not a lot of detail to her except to be something to fear. Do you think it was just a lover's quarrel? I think it started as a quarrel but the Maenad escalated it. Do you think it was divine intervention? Did you think it was funny that Sookie flipped bill the bird after their argument in the car? Do you wish she had flipped him a flaming stake instead? I was cheering this. It makes her more human. Do you think either of them over-reacted? When in the heat of an argument don;t we all.

5. Sookie says "Maybe there really were fairies at the bottom of the garden, a phrase I remember from a song my grandmother had sung when she hung the clothes on the line." Given the presence of the Maenad and her dog that's probably not a dog, do you have any other thoughts about fairies in the garden?Nope.. not sure what to think as iof yet.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
krissynae said:
Robin.. Forgot to post this.. hehehehe...
Now THAT is super cool. rofl, everybody's going to want one. We better warn facebook to expect a run on them.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I bought the book so that I could be part of the book club but I couldn't put it down.  I am afraid to answer in case I spoil it.  I love the questions though so I will just lurk.  Enjoy.  What is the next book?  Is there a link so that the KB can get credit?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is! The next book is Club Dead, and you can click on the books in the link, and Harvey should get Amazon credit. These links were made using the linkmaker tool. It's the whole series, so you can see what all is coming up. lol, you must have enjoyed the book to have finished it so quickly. Any impressions you'd like to share?

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,2687.0.html

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I thought that this book gave her a more active role in the vampire world.  I can't say more or I would give it away.  I obviously liked it or I wouldn't have breezed right through it.  I will say that this book gave me different opinions on the characters and it is hard to say which I liked better, the first or the second.  I agree you about the "don't open the door babysitter" quality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts