Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden I have local offers from every part of the Country, Texas, LA, NYC, etc. They just popped out of no where when I was going to menu on my home screen. I live in MAINE, no where near these places. I don't want them showing up. How can I get rid of non-local offers?? I am guessing it's not always like this since I've never seen them before, but I am not sure how to change it. When i go to the amazon local website, and it says I have nothing since there are no offers in my area or my state. So how am I getting everyone else's!?!?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've noticed this in the last few days, too. I'm hoping it fixes itself. There are a few offers I'd love, but not living anywhere TX or MI makes them pretty useless to me.  :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Is this WiFi only? Could be where your ISP or your ISP's gateways are located. My ISP's gateway changes daily, I can always tell where by the banner-ads mentioning such-and-such city. "Hot singles are looking to meet you in Kalamazoo!"

I've been to Kalamazoo... there are no hot singles there :(

·
Super Moderator
67,294 Posts
No. . . .they're all there for me too so I think it's sort of a global Amazon "oops" :D. . . .I expect it'll get sorted out soon.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
No. . . .they're all there for me too so I think it's sort of a global Amazon "oops" :D. . . .I expect it'll get sorted out soon.
Well, you have to admit, for a brief second I sounded as though I knew what I was talking about. ;)

·
Registered
951 Posts
When I am going on vacation I will usually set up these coupon sites to send me the deal for the city I am visiting.  I usually end up with one or two coupons for things I was already planning on visiting.

Unfortunately, I do not have vacations planned for all of the cities Amazon sent me deals for  :p (although, I wish I did)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I was wondering about this too and came to see if anyone else had experienced this issue.

Like someone else said, at least there's a real special offer at the end of all that nonsense. Too bad it's crap.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Now I have optional SO and I don't fall pray to unwanted even if on sale. I am enjoying the changing screen savors. so i don't mind offers that seem way out there.

I almost fell for the chocolate.

Sylvia

·
Super Moderator
67,294 Posts
NightGoat said:
Well, you have to admit, for a brief second I sounded as though I knew what I was talking about. ;)
You know what they say: If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with b******t. ::) ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts