Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if my question was discussed in previous threads but I could not find an answer after doing a search!

Couldn't sleep -it's 4:00 AM so decided to finish my book!  However, I have a question about LOCATION numbers.  The location numbers at the bottom of the page said 6096.  However, the story ended at 6091-6095 and would not turn the page to go to 6096. Am I missing what could be a "last" page?

Sleepless in NJ!

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Books typically end before the last page.  A lot of times the graphics or any single page illustrations will be at the back of the book and all footnotes are also kept at the end.  It seems odd you can't get to them through next page though.  Even when I've reached the end of the story it allows me to next page through to the footnotes and the like.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Kendra said:
I'm sorry if my question was discussed in previous threads but I could not find an answer after doing a search!

Couldn't sleep -it's 4:00 AM so decided to finish my book! However, I have a question about LOCATION numbers. The location numbers at the bottom of the page said 6096. However, the story ended at 6091-6095 and would not turn the page to go to 6096. Am I missing what could be a "last" page?

Sleepless in NJ!
I've noticed that before also. At first I thought the unit froze up and I'm able to hit prev page and home and it takes me right out of there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your feedback!  I think what caught my eye was the 99% on the left and I knew I was coming to the end of my book  :'(
But when I couldn't turn the page I also, like Kevin, thought I froze!  But I hit previous page and it went right to it....

I guess when everything is so new you notice every little thing....I thought I would see 100% once the book was finished?

All I know it is great to be part of such a caring and helpful group :) Especially when you are in panic mode at 4 AM!

·
Registered
9,362 Posts
I did have one book that was not formatted very well that wouldn't go to the last page and stopped at the beginning of the final paragraph.  I was able to solve it by changing the font to the smallest size and then it showed up on the current page.  It was wierd when it happened and only that one time (don't even remember the name of the book - probably trashy romance)!

·
Registered
126 Posts
marianner said:
The last location probably only contains non-printed data. It's the same at the beginning of the book, too; sometimes it starts at location 2 or 3.
I also tried to do that and see what was in the last page. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I have noticed the current book I'm reading in that if I go back a page or two to re-read something and then return to the page I was reading that one or more sentences will have moved to the next page.  I would think that would have some effect on the location numbers at some point. 
deb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts